Making Your Own Air/fuel Meter

altezzaclub

Well done Cam! What one did you get? ...and when do you reckon you will build it?

Hi,

Well tomorrow night I see a window of opportunity so might solder the kit up tomorrow night. You have me thinking about it again and just finished an amp so my electronics desk is free so shall see what I can do tomorrow.

Cheers

Cameron

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

correct me if I'm wrong though, because it's a while since I read up on it, but the heater is required if you mount in unconventional locations, like using an exhaust tip clamp, or when you have the bung a fair way from the extractors?

Something to do with operating in a particular range?

From what I've read you are both right-

The heater cuts the time before the sensor reads correctly (30sec down to 10sec) because it has to be hot to work, and it gives a more stable temp while driving as the exhaust gas temp goes up and down. It also gives a wider range of locations for mounting it.

Daughter's BF is checking his parts depot for me... the old EA/EB Falcon utes lying around on the farm... :(

Has anyone here actually used a air/fuel meter for tuning?

Felix would have-

..and turning it on first makes excellent sense, so I'll put it on a separate power switch.

It is particularly relevant to SU carbs as they have adjustable jets, whereas Webers and such you pick the jet and that's it.

Has anyone here actually used a air/fuel meter for tuning?

You do know that it is best to turn the o2 sensor on so it warms up before you use it...

ive used it on a dyno to check mixtures through the rev range

trev how are you running the wide band through nissan consult as i have this http://www.ecutalk.com/ but can not get the wideband to input into the

ecu so it won't read the wideband i have had it running through nistune untill my laptop crashed and i lost it but lately have been using it on carby car's

and just using the digital cauge on it but would like to log the wideband with ecutalk and not do it as a stand alone setup.

i done a vl turbo with microtech but only trimed up the base map that came with the computer so he could drive it around and not foul up the plug's

before c&v gave it a tune. just about to put my adaptronic ecu on and then it will be a full tune and data logging all the way but untill then i just want

to get it working through the consult setup any help would be nice thank's.

trev how are you running the wide band through nissan consult as i have this http://www.ecutalk.com/ but can not get the wideband to input into the

ecu so it won't read the wideband i have had it running through nistune untill my laptop crashed and i lost it but lately have been using it on carby car's

and just using the digital cauge on it but would like to log the wideband with ecutalk and not do it as a stand alone setup.

i done a vl turbo with microtech but only trimed up the base map that came with the computer so he could drive it around and not foul up the plug's

before c&v gave it a tune. just about to put my adaptronic ecu on and then it will be a full tune and data logging all the way but untill then i just want

to get it working through the consult setup any help would be nice thank's.

I will ask my cousin how he got it to work, basically it wasn't the best in TEWBLOG and wouldn't log so he opened up consult and it was working and I don't think that being a Z would be any different.

Ah, but the Jaycar set are taking action! rb20 is very kindly sending me his original Jaycar FMD to play with, so I can set it up with a narrowband sensor and see how it goes, then I can make the controller to move it to a wideband if I want to later.

Thanks man!

..and I'm still a long way from this! :)

i done a vl turbo with microtech but only trimed up the base map that came with the computer so he could drive it around and not foul up the plug's before c&v gave it a tune. just about to put my adaptronic ecu on and then it will be a full tune and data logging all the way but untill then i just want to get it working through the consult setup

I will ask my cousin how he got it to work, basically it wasn't the best in TEWBLOG and wouldn't log so he opened up consult and it was working and I don't think that being a Z would be any different.

thank's mate and to altezzaclub hope you get it working thank's..

So after 3 days we are left with 2 people (maybe 3) that actually have used one and are answering by personal preference but it is the jaycar website readers that are leading the topic :)

Hmm, so what was the question?

Yes I've used a narrowband with the jaycar/DSE FMD kit to good effect for tuning carbs.

Sorry but I've just bought a house and am in the process of packing and moving, plus had a heap on at work, so otherwise distracted atm.