Adelaide

Mybowlcut

Members dont see this ad

I'm 10 mins from the CBD by car.

I'll rattle off some suburbs for you to look at.

Grange, Thebarton, Richmond, Bowden, Hindmarsh, Welland, North Adelaide, Unley, Goodwood, Clovelly Park, Dulwich, Norwood, Ridleyton.

That should get your started and they're all around the city.

I live in Croydon myself, but I advise against it unless you can find something cheap as the area isn't cheap at all, though there are some townhouses about, which might suit your needs.

No more corolla's for me now either, but something just as good. Will take you for a spin when you get here ;)

Cheers

Mick

I'm 10 mins from the CBD by car.

I'll rattle off some suburbs for you to look at.

Grange, Thebarton, Richmond, Bowden, Hindmarsh, Welland, North Adelaide, Unley, Goodwood, Clovelly Park, Dulwich, Norwood, Ridleyton.

That should get your started and they're all around the city.

I live in Croydon myself, but I advise against it unless you can find something cheap as the area isn't cheap at all, though there are some townhouses about, which might suit your needs.

I'm pretty much looking to go in or around the city and have got a list of apartments I'm interested in which helps haha. I've got some of those suburbs you mentioned in there I think.

I found out today that there's no parking at the job though (which is on Currie street), so will be either walking, cycling or, worst case, bus.

I've realised that if you want to get a decent studio apartment in the city it's gonna be $350 on average. $270 seems to be the average for suburbs neighbouring the city so it's kinda an easy choice... just not too sure what I'll do about transport, as apparently it's a 45 minute walk into the CBD from neighbouring suburbs.

No more corolla's for me now either, but something just as good. Will take you for a spin when you get here ;)

Sweeeet. I know NO ONE in SA. Be good to meet someone from over east on Rollaclub.

Fastest car that I've been in (where the driver actually gave it some) was Twinky Todd's 4AGZE corolla a while back. That was scarily fast, so I look forward to it haha.

Edited by Mybowlcut

i find the tram is very convienient and free inside the cbd. what i used to do when i was working on commercial sights in town was park on Peacock Rd on the border of the cbd (free parking) and walk to the tram (2 mins) then walk the rest to work. probably took around the same time as paying for parking in a u-park except it was free :)

There is the Grange Train-line.

I'm 5 mins to the train stop and 6 mins by train to the train station.

Buses are pretty simple too, depending on the area.

I'd really consider the outer suburbs around the city centre as you'll have a heap more space and probably secure parking.

dude, I lived in Leabrook (home of the coopers brewery incidentally), but Kenisington/Norwood/Tusmore have some good cheap places, like units rather than apartments, better chance of a garage etc and I used to work in Grenfell street (turns into Currie St). Living in those areas is wicked, it's close as shit (12 buck taxi ride).

I walked 50m to the bus stop, got on, read my book for 20 minutes and got off the bus outside my office. I'd defintely look that way again if I were renting. Also look around Magill, Stepney, Kent Town etc etc.

dude, I lived in Leabrook (home of the coopers brewery incidentally), but Kenisington/Norwood/Tusmore have some good cheap places, like units rather than apartments, better chance of a garage etc and I used to work in Grenfell street (turns into Currie St). Living in those areas is wicked, it's close as shit (12 buck taxi ride).

I walked 50m to the bus stop, got on, read my book for 20 minutes and got off the bus outside my office. I'd defintely look that way again if I were renting. Also look around Magill, Stepney, Kent Town etc etc.

Sweet. Sounds like you've been in the exact situation I'm going to be in - cheers for the advice.

Edited by Mybowlcut

Yeh man, It was great. My partner and I paid about 250 for a very reasonable, clean tidy 2 bedroom unit. I never would have thought to look in Leabrook/Tusmore area as it's better known for big BIG house, leafy decidious tree lined streets and a bunch of cashed up old people driving round in their bentleys but it's a bloody nice place to live, close yet nice and quiet.

And I walked home from the pub a couple of times too.

Edited by philbey

Agree completely with Philbey - you can't beat North-Eastern suburbs, and hte further from the city you get the cheaper rents are (as a rule of thumb).

I live in Tranmere and, being surrounded by retired Italian and Greek folk, we have little to no noise / crime / burnouts / problems with anything at all really. City is close, hills are close (but not too close to be a risk in bushfires), beach is close (but not too close to get flooded by tsunami's should we ever have one).