Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

GJM85

Members dont see this ad
hey gav any luck in getting that motor for what you offered them

no luck. they decline my offer. so i'm making another offer. if they don't take it i'll be inclined to give them the $450 they want for it. I'm sure it will have the solid lifters and electic dizzy already so it's probably worth it.

Sweet I'm thinking of going down that road as well, so i will be watching this closely to see what needs to be done. Webbers are great just wouldnt mind something with a bit of boost :fuzz:

I miss my twin turbo haha.......

Edited by jaygore

yeah you run twin webers don't you? that would be a good set up turboed if u got it working right, you can do draw through as i have seen it with some twin 45mm webbers on a lj torana with a 202 but blow through there woul need to be some money spent on the carbies etc i would just run a single down draft webber if i was going to do it to a k series enigne

Awesomeness. Just got the liteace 5k for 375. I'm going to try and pick it up this weekend.........WOOT WOOT!!! Spoke to Brendan at MKR Kustoms. He'll call me on Monday when the car gets there so we can discuss the work and coin involved. Organising to get the donar 55 down early next week.

Loving the progress of this ke20

It's on fire ain't it. I picked the car up on the 1st of August and if all goes well it could be on the road by the end of September.... finger crossed. As for the induction still hunting the blower and I will decide on the fuel deliver once I've done more research. Considering the SU draw through set up because it straight forward, they deliver at high velocity and no pressure sealing involved. Not entirely sure on the legality of the set up but the car will probably run on club rego and i'll get registered before I boost it anyway.

I have considered the downdraft webber but not entirely sure on the long term reliabity and tuning involved. Can't remember who it was, but they set up their webber in at a sealed plenum type box and boosted it, turbo style. No pressure sealing required as the carby operates as normal due to equal interior and exterior pressure.

Still have a lot more work to do before I get to that stage, so i'll worry about it when the time comes.

Woot Woot!

Just won an sc12 off ebay. Boost, I say! Hopefully get the 5k picked up this week and i'll start the rebuild while the 20 is the shop. The problems, i'm sure, will become evident whilst I try and put this all back together.

post-8643-1281877784.jpg

post-8643-1281877801.jpg

Edited by GJM85

The 20 went into MSR Kustoms this morning. They looked over it. They think it shouldn't be too much trouble. They're going to cut and fix all the rust and straighten the body and get back to me too see where we're at. Not sure if my budget of $5000 is going to see me through panel and paint though now as they reckon it'll be at least 2k in rust work. It will come down to how many hours they put into it. :|

On the way home I stopped in at SuperCheap and picked up an engine stand. I forgot to put the front quarters in the car when it got towed so i'll have to run them up tomorrow morning. :bash:

In the mean time I hired a ute from BlowJobs Car and Ute hire and it cost me too much for the measely 6hrs I had it. Still, I got down to Southport Auto Recyclers and picked up the 5k. Looks pretty clean and sweet. The clutch is shagged and it's worn a lot on the flywheel. She still turns over easily with the breakerbar. Brother Keiron and I tried to get the thing on the engine stand but realised some of the gearbox bolts from the 3k have been nicked. :(

Turns out they were too short any way, so I had to go to the bolt shop and grab some longer ones. $30 for 4 bolts!!! :P Apparently metric fine threads aren't cheap. :D

Anyhow, ran out of time as I had to take the ute back and it's unlikely i'll be able to get into the 5k tomorrow as there's no one available to assist me. Will hopefully get into it on Wednesday!

Here's some picks of the new donk

post-8643-1281940599_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1281940614_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1281940662_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85