Gjm85'S Ke20 Build

GJM85

Members dont see this ad

Not sure what happened with the blower........ it might still be ok.

Took the cam into the recon shop where they were doing my cam bearings, gudgeon bearings, head and manifold. I asked them to get the cam ground to the Wade169 spec. 30-70, 280 degrees, 0.405" valvelift.

They told me they phones Watsons Cam Grinding or some place and he told them he'll do it but i'll have to use hydraulic lifters. Original toyota parts and new ones at that. I told them I want it done for solids and i'm using new holden lifters.

They told me he won't do it because the cam will wear to fast. Are they shitting me or am I retarded?

Take your 4k cam in and get it re ground man cause it is a solid lifter cam and yeah they shouldn't have a drama with it either that or call tighe cams and get them to do it :)

Yeah i'll have to give them a call. I did some research on it though. Solid lifter cams have a quitening ramp and hydraulic cams don't. This I think makes it difficult to convert a hydraulic cam into a solid cam. If you use hydraulic lifters with a solid cam you'll end up with lifter pump. If you use solid lifters on a hydraulic cam you get valve float. Both result in excessive tappet noise.

Gonnn have to pull the 4k cam out tomorrow and run it down to tighe....

My home port job. I bought a $38 die grinder and a $45 alloy cutter.... The head went in for a reface, valve grind and pressure test.... they polished my ports :blinks:, pressed and changed my cam bearing, honed the gudgeon bearings to suite the acl gudgeons and milled out the throats on the big port maniold.... I also managed to pick up my 4k twin timing chain.

post-8643-1282816500_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282816522_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282816544_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282816802_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282816836_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

This is the damage on the lobes of the blower.... uncool and most likely unusable. :blinks:

Also got the crank back together today.... i'll hopefully get the pistons in tomorrow. Took the 5k cam into Tighe this morning. He's recommended the Tight104 25/65 grind... $150 pick it up Tuesday!

Also some pics from Jamboree! I'll also post the respective vehicles pictures on their respective threads.

post-8643-1282817128_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817353_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817386_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817422_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817453_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817552_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817574_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817598_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817620_thumb.jpg

post-8643-1282817648_thumb.jpg

Edited by GJM85

well gav it looks to becoming together i think a idea would be call a few places after searching the net and find someone that knows about sc12 and or just general stuff about blowers and if close take it to them and show them how bad it is then they can tell you if you can still you it or not

btw the 20 is looking awsome dude slowly coming together

so 5k with 4k rocker gear and holden 202 red motor soild lifters? for a soild conversion?

looking good mate, love the "no f@$king around" theme :blinks:

Unfortunately with 3 kids, a wife and work, I don't have time to f@$k around. But yeah the trick with the cam, lifters, rockers, valvesprings and head is all going to come down to the pushrods. The lift of the cam should be within the limits of the springs and clearances. The saving grace is the excessively long 4k pushrods which will be shortened once it all comes together.

So the combination stands at- 5k block and bottom end. 4k sump and shimmed oil pump. Tighe 104 cam & 202 solid lifters. Ported and polished 4k head and valves(grind and reseat). 4k rocker gear and 5k valve springs. The hard part is working out the pushrod length.

As for the blower... it's probably the last thing on my mind. I .eally need to get the car back together and run the motor in before I start worrying about it,

Edited by GJM85

Unfortunately with 3 kids, a wife and work, I don't have time to f@$k around. But yeah the trick with the cam, lifters, rockers, valvesprings and head is all going to come down to the pushrods. The lift of the cam should be within the limits of the springs and clearances. The saving grace is the excessively long 4k pushrods which will be shortened once it all comes together.

So the combination stands at- 5k block and bottom end. 4k sump and shimmed oil pump. Tighe 104 cam & 202 solid lifters. Ported and polished 4k head and valves(grind and reseat). 4k rocker gear and 5k valve springs. The hard part is working out the pushrod length.

As for the blower... it's probably the last thing on my mind. I .eally need to get the car back together and run the motor in before I start worrying about it,

well all in good time my friend and yea like u said the main thing is gettin the car painted and motor and box and diff and stuff and yea then worry about the other things lol