Ke10, Supercharged 5K

KEI069

I was rapt to make it to classic japan on the weekend, haven't been out for a couple of months due to some front suspension damage from very below parr road works, some new camber plates modified to work and she drives great.

I didn't take any photos from the show but the good weather meant a trip up mount dandenong was in order

post-7378-0-71735300-1385972505_thumb.jpg

After some spirited driving it seems I may have broken the supercharger drive shaft, so some more time off the road, damn.

Hopefully an easy fix.

Anyway, happy summer motoring, cruise on

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

Ok so a couple months ago, on the way home from the classic japan show at como park I had a little traffic light race with a dirty ol dodge v8 ute, that had been weaving in and out of traffic to catch up with us.

With a good launch and smashing through gears we left the dodge for dead only to suddenly loose power just as I was looking for 4th gear. So got it home to assess the problem found I destroyed the blower drive shaft,

post-7378-0-12950300-1390979904_thumb.jpg

Stripped the internal spline out of the shaft. This was originally made as a two piece and welded together and probably not ideal. Oh we'll, you get that.

So I look for someone to get a new shaft made and my first quote was out of control,

I'm told "I need a specific material that's rare and expensive, and then we have to make a 3d image of the spline and a tool to make the new internal spline" blah blah blah blah and that's going to set you back about $4800.

My reaction, as you could imagine, " you've gotta be fu@&!n shittin me" , thanks anyway

So I find a local tool maker that says leave it with me for a bit, and rings me today with good news.

After two weeks he was able to help me out

post-7378-0-42985200-1390980407_thumb.jpg

Bloody awesome, nice work and a nice bloke all for $700 ,

Now I just have to get it all back together.

• 2 months later...

Just a little update , got the supercharger issues sorted and all was great for about a month,

then a small electrical gremlin surfaced. A random cutting out when turning hard right proved difficult to

find until it burnt out a 100 amp fuse wire, leaving my wife stuck on the side of the road.

So Peechs sat for almost three weeks while I checked for a short. Hopefully I have it sorted.

It's been running for the last 3 days now without a drama just in time to make it to a local car show today,

Chrome Bumper Sunday for all makes and models. Awesome day and the first time Peechs has been entered in a show, and got rewarded with this

post-7378-0-40665400-1396168151_thumb.jpg

I didn't even wash the car cos I never thought it would get a trophy.

My wife was super happy and my good mate got best Japanese for his bright orange Datsun 1600.

What a great weekend.

Chrome Bumper Sunday for all makes and models. Awesome day and the first time Peechs has been entered in a show, and got rewarded with this

post-7378-0-40665400-1396168151_thumb.jpg

I didn't even wash the car cos I never thought it would get a trophy.

My wife was super happy and my good mate got best Japanese for his bright orange Datsun 1600.

What a great weekend.

Grats guys. If it's the same 1600 I'm thinking its definatly a ultra clean car!

• 1 month later...

Saw your car at hanging rock today,cool as,just like the day,f'in freezing!

Thanks mate,

post-7378-0-14811600-1399192971_thumb.jpg

So made the trek out to Hanging Rock and the drive was awesome, Peechs ran sweet and the sun was out, thought we might of been in luck for a ripper day.

Only to find that 15 min. Further down the road the sun was replaced with rain, and man was it cold.

Surprisingly good turn out considering the weather,

Good to catch up with a few people.

• 2 months later...

Big weekend in Melbourne with Motorex on at the show grounds.

What an absolutely awesome car show, best I've been to in ages.

I was lucky enough to get a park in the 'real street boulevard ' display.

.post-7378-0-12420500-1406016675_thumb.jpg

I must have spent 5hrs cleaning and was pretty happy with how she looked on show.

Looking forward to Toyota winterfest in a couple of weeks too.