Didn't Realise This Was An English Lesson

hey guys just wondering how many of you guys think that this forum is an english lesson??

any takers?? no?? alrighty then.

there was a thread i read yesterday about, i think a ksev being sold.

the person who wrote this didnt use fullstops, commas, etc.

then a smart arse came along and said "have you tried using enter" or some bulsh*t like that.

then being a moderator, who everyone thinks is responsible also joined in with some sarcasm saying "I can loan you some ,..!?" etc.

in the previous sentence i was referring to Red Dwarf who will most probably delete this post because it has hurt his feelings.

If you had any consideration you would have left that thread open so people could actually respond to it.

Now, referring to the title, who here now thinks this is a forum for learning how to spell?? And not to discuss cars??

my email is [email protected] if you want to reply to this thread as it will probably deleted or closed because some inconsiderate person thinks that someones spelling is something to pay them out about.

Peace out :P

Members dont see this ad
While there are some real nazis about with spelling, grammar, etc.

I don't appreaciate reading "sms talk" or a big block of writing with no grammar.

if you had read the thread there was no "sms talk"

it was plain simple english just with out commas, etc

Rollaclub Forum Rules.

Quote last paragraph:

These are the rules. They're not hard to follow. Admins and Moderators will be reasonable, but remember that its a PRIVILEGE NOT A RIGHT to post on rollaclub. If you want to act like a moron, find somewhere else because we wont put up with it here. By making any posts you agree that you have read and understand these rules. Ignorance will not be accepted as an excuse. These rules may change without notice.

and it seems not even red dwarf can get away with using incorrect spelling but again with the pay out.to him/her it may seem like harmless bit of fun but can in the long term seriously damage someone. you imagine if you got called names and bullied all through your life. how would you feel? and don't say i wouldnt because I'm a tough c*nt because noone can stand a lifetime of abuse.

If your driving is as good as your spelling and punctuation, it's not surprising.

This post has been edited by Redwarf: Aug 7 2010, 08:01 PM

*surprising

One of the most commonly misspelled words.

This post has been edited by blzbub666: Aug 7 2010, 07:50 PM

who has seen the movie idiocracy?

Idiocracy5.jpg

we don't want our scociety to turn out like that, I'm sure it all starts with bad punctuation and grammer.

its all about trying to keep a high standard.

youll notice this post of mine doesnt have perfect grammer/spelling. but it is readable by all members, words are the proper words not annoying shortened words. (eg 'da' instead of 'the')

Edited by ke70dave

but on a forum discussing cars??

yea i can understand in the workplace, in public and all that.

but while you are discussing cars writing on a keyboard??

not everyone is perfect mate and I'm sure you've done that more then a couple of times in your life.

but on a forum discussing cars??

yea i can understand in the workplace, in public and all that.

but while you are discussing cars writing on a keyboard??

not everyone is perfect mate and I'm sure you've done that more then a couple of times in your life.

oh yea

life isnt a movie if you havent worked that out.

No but you were having a cry about people asking for proper grammar, a lot of posts along those lines also have piss poor spelling.

I'm not the one having a cry.

red dwarf is the one paying people out about their poor spelling

I'm standing up for the guy who didnt put in fullstops, etc.

i don't give a sh*t what people write.

i don't go on here just to find people with shit spelling and have a go at them.

i go on here because I'm genuinly interested in cars unlike all of you who say "would it kill you to press enter" "ill loan you some ,...!?"

Bad spelling and general disregard to any sort of punctuation makes my head hurt.

Seriously, no matter how hard a word is to spell, or bad you may be a spelling, firefox has a built in spell checker. It is not f@$king hard to use it.

It may be a car forum, but like most people have said, no-one wants to read a big chunk of text that make no sense until you read it 3 times over. I guess it is a reflection of the effort you spend writing something to the effort of response you get.