280kw 4age Into Ke20

ke20rollin

Members dont see this ad
Wasn't there a 4agte in a ae82 corolla putting 470kw on the ground on the front cover of a zoom mag about year ago, anyine see it? Maybe it was with a bit of help of some NOS.. :jamie:

Backyarder's drag car perhaps? It more advanced again and nowhere near close to being a street car, or even driven on the street...for instance, it runs a 20V head, 45psi, NOS, and something called methanol :blinks:

Wasn't there a 4agte in a ae82 corolla putting 470kw on the ground on the front cover of a zoom mag about year ago, anyine see it? Maybe it was with a bit of help of some NOS.. :jamie:

possibly but on boostcruising it made 570kw and on ausrotary 620kw, seriously 470kw is as much as 2 6.2L commodores make

The best of the best of the best when it comes to 4a motors would be the Formula Atlantic gear.... your looking at about $12,000 for the bottom end and GOD only knows where you'd start looking to find the parts.

Read this.... Formula Atlantic

and this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralt#Later_Fo...lantic_variants

I've seen a 190rwkw 4agte and there was over $8000 worth of parts and countless hours of trial, error, research and development involved....

The best of the best in a 4AGE all at a bargain price of a few thousand? Dyno sheets please.

the engine actually vost my mate over 8k not includint the motec computer which he isnt throwing in :jamie:

if he wasnt a close friend he wouldnt be giving it to me for such a low price.

dyno sheets i will see if he has, if not gotta wait till i run thhe dyno

280kw?? only 7psi? dyno sheets are in order! Or the bigger question is, have you personaly seen the dyno result or was it that he told you it made that mutch power?

You won't find too mutch beievers without some evidence to back it up, but the communtiy will try to help you find a great diff. Lol at 30psi daily!! Grenade motor!!!

Because I assume you don't want 30psi to drive around like a granny :jamie:

Again a hilux diff is something you might want to look at as they have been proven time and again to survive a beating.

i was told. but seeing the cars he has built with my own eyes, i believe it.

a 10sec sss for example.

hilux is what everyone is telling me. I'm highly considering it, but arent they heavy?

but on 7psi?

i would maybe belive the 280kw on 30psi, but id hope it was built fairly well, as i don't think it would last toooo long.

but even 280kw at wheels is 375HP....big asplosion iminent.

maybe the OP has confused between at the wheels and at the engine power figures, and possibly between HP and KW figures.

i like the idea of an R31 diff, not to big, but good enough to do the job, and you can get LSDs for them. hilux is a bit of an overkill i reckon. torago is not a bad option (yr22 i belive), but its still pretty big.

its hard to believe i don't disagree there. there wouldnt be no confusion with this bloke regarding hp or kw.

ill be posting pics in the next few weeks for sure. starting with pics of the rolla, then later on the powerplant

lets all get over the dreamer and your full of shit type messages.

for the ones that had info that actually helpes i appreciate the messages.

ok now to everyone, this is what i was told. 7psi 280kw at the wheels.

i believe caus ive seen him put big power on small engines. its what he does.

manifolds and such he custom makes himself to suit engine. i help him here n there

one way or the other, he guaranteed me 10-11sec passes or my money back.

once i get the engine in the car, i will get it dyno tuned and put the results here.

maybe its less but then again maybe its the true power rating.

my guess is less but not much less.

so please, i need help regarding diff and brakes. mainly brakes.

90% lead to hilux diff and i guess it would be best.

appreciate all the replies.

so please, i need help regarding diff and brakes. mainly brakes.

90% lead to hilux diff and i guess it would be best.

appreciate all the replies.

Just repeating what everyone else has said but go the hilux diff. A car that powerful you want a diff that can handle the thrashing you'll give it. Yes the hilux diff is heavy but if you're making 280kw at the wheels in a car that weighs 800kgs I don't think you'll notice it. If anything having a little extra weight at the rear end could be a good thing.

EDIT: This is a link to brake upgrades. That is if you don't want to pay for a proper brake upgrade like Wilwoods or Hoppers Stoppers (which I would probably recommend seeing as it is a 280kw at the wheels engine in an 800kg car)

Edited by xmoht

Just repeating what everyone else has said but go the hilux diff. A car that powerful you want a diff that can handle the thrashing you'll give it. Yes the hilux diff is heavy but if you're making 280kw at the wheels in a car that weighs 800kgs I don't think you'll notice it. If anything having a little extra weight at the rear end could be a good thing.

EDIT: This is a link to brake upgrades. That is if you don't want to pay for a proper brake upgrade like Wilwoods or Hoppers Stoppers (which I would probably recommend seeing as it is a 280kw at the wheels engine in an 800kg car)

I would go with the willwoods, just like the hilux they are a proven product. After all you wouldn't want to take 10s to go 1/4 and then and then use the wall as your stopping mechanism.

There is alot of deisbelief about the 7psi bit because it is quite impossible to achieve.

A well built NA 10,000 rpm screamer might make 220-240hp (shitload of money spent to make it this far)

A stock GZE with turbo added running 14psi could give you about the 300hp mark if done really well (ie cams, ported head,)

To make 400hp you need forged EVERYTHING and a touch over 20psi, to make 500hp is the 30psi mark, at which the engine might as well be welded together

because of the insane boost, at this point don't even think it would be streetable as you would failboost into a tree in the blink of an eye.

So you can see why we would think you would need more than 7psi for that amount of power. Unless ofcourse you have an RB30 in there instead of a 4age, then it is pissible to get that power (but at 12psi and over $50,000 spent on the engine. I have personally seen this engine, makes well over 500kw atw at 30psi)

LOL

Still defending 7psi .....

Anywhos. Why not give him 50K for the motor, get him to install it and setup the car and set the boost controller to 7psi.

When it runs a 14 or 15 second pass, you will get your money back and have a built car.

WIN WIN

Edited by cuzzo