280kw 4age Into Ke20

ke20rollin

the engine actually vost my mate over 8k not includint the motec computer which he isnt throwing in :jamie:

if he wasnt a close friend he wouldnt be giving it to me for such a low price.

dyno sheets i will see if he has, if not gotta wait till i run thhe dyno

$8000 spent on the engine sounds just as believable as 7psi.

Members dont see this ad

I reckon go a hopper stoppers Commodore twin piston caliper conversion with 300mm rotors on the front and r31 skyline borg warner with factory LSD and disk brakes. Get the diff cut down and rebuilt which will be tuff enough for any 4agte and they suit the shape of the undercarrige in corollas better. The hilux diff while tuffer is heavier and will hit the floor if you lower the car as the housing is a totally different shape to the borg warner, ive seen a few tuff corollas making big power running borg warners without an issue. Diff will cost around $2500 and front brake conversion $1500 or there abouts. Good luck

BTW i run a hilux diff in my Ke30 and even though it is strong, i had to fit disk brakes as they have drums from factory aswell as an LSD as they are rare with factory LSD, if i hadnt bought it already cut down to suit my car to begin with i would have gone Borgwarner and every time the diff hits the floor on a hard launch i remember that.

Here are a few pics of Marty K's Ke30 with R31 skyline Borgwarner diff.

post-3596-1283343395_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1283343449_thumb.jpg

post-3596-1283343498_thumb.jpg

The best of the best of the best when it comes to 4a motors would be the Formula Atlantic gear.... your looking at about $12,000 for the bottom end and GOD only knows where you'd start looking to find the parts.

Read this.... Formula Atlantic

and this... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ralt#Later_Fo...lantic_variants

I've seen a 190rwkw 4agte and there was over $8000 worth of parts and countless hours of trial, error, research and development involved....

190rwkw 4agte would be a piece of piss lol, standard motor, 2860 garrett, aftermarket computer, some injectors, miles

over 200rwkw.

As for 7psi, and 280rwkw...lol mate doesn't matter what tricky porting/manifolds its has, you can't turn a

1.6L motor into a 4L turbo motor...basic reception physics that one even with the worlds best turbo/porting /cams so big

they poke out the rocker covers..lol

50 grand is a lot of money to spend on a rb30 twinky!, f@$k that I'd want to run deep into the 8's!

cheers

darren

hang on what if the motor has been built as high compression?? say 11.1 with the 7 psi you'd get over 200kw atw i would think... i've seen reports of 20v's on stock compression ans 1 bar seeing 220 atw.

so perhaps and fully race prepped engine with higher compression would start getting up there.? reliability would be an issue.. the tune would have to perfection otherwise detonation would occure and bang.!

hang on what if the motor has been built as high compression?? say 11.1 with the 7 psi you'd get over 200kw atw i would think... i've seen reports of 20v's on stock compression ans 1 bar seeing 220 atw.

so perhaps and fully race prepped engine with higher compression would start getting up there.? reliability would be an issue.. the tune would have to perfection otherwise detonation would occure and bang.!

1 bar is 14.7psi, so that's already double what is being quoted here, and still short by 60kw...

190rwkw 4agte would be a piece of piss lol, standard motor, 2860 garrett, aftermarket computer, some injectors, miles

over 200rwkw.

As for 7psi, and 280rwkw...lol mate doesn't matter what tricky porting/manifolds its has, you can't turn a

1.6L motor into a 4L turbo motor...basic reception physics that one even with the worlds best turbo/porting /cams so big

they poke out the rocker covers..lol

50 grand is a lot of money to spend on a rb30 twinky!, f@$k that I'd want to run deep into the 8's!

cheers

darren

He runs about the mid 9 mark, it's a race car moreso simply for the fact he can't even get 350 odd kw down on the ground very well and he was saying that was running 14psi, he can safely run 35psi without even blinking but he told me there no point because there is just not enough grip to handle that power unless he went to drag spec rubber (useless for the track). I say this guy at Mallala last time I went, hopefully he is back again when I go again this month and I'll get some pics of the engine bay. I tell you what it was orgasmic. Custom everything! His own unique plenum + runners + throttles, exhaust, fuel system, dry sump, fukern everything! He had an engineer desighn his motor down to every bend radius.

I wouldn't usually beleive that someone could spend that mutch money on something but when you see this thing, f@$k. I am so glad I did not have to race with his group, his car was so fooking loud aswell. Funny thing tho, he owns a brake store franchise or something and he still only had the standard brake setup! (of course he had race pads and discs but they were standard size).

And then the best thing, it is road registered!!!!! No shit he has this thing complied, so if anyone in Victoria (don't know what area) sees a black R33 GTR with custom black/white number plates (can't remember what they were), that's him.

Just for us Adelaidians: His first ever outing to Mallala (the day which I met him) he pulled off 1:17 in the wet!! Thats pretty dam good for a wet lap! Remembering he only had standard size brakes.

but stock... stock motor compression.. so perhaps fully built lightened ported.. more compression some trick manifolds etc might get it up closish...?

dude in america has done 600hp atw on 35psi with a 4age.

No compression doesn't make as much difference as people seem to think,because you can't add no where near as much timing as a low comp motor.... unless its methanol, amd you woudn't get a 4age with 11.1 comp way up into the 20's boost wise without some very tricky fuel, even C16 might struggle?. trick manifold ...i'll give it 10rwkw for a merge collector best of the best exhuast manifold, and 10rwkw for a best of the best intake seeing as on most engines, plenums generally make no extra power or sometimes less than a standard one.

Anyway funny thread

cheers

darren

ok so I'm now struggling to believe the 7psi bit too.

my heads done in now.

i havent seen him since i posted this thread to find out more on the engine.

but would this power figure be possible on higher boost?

he told me it cost him 8k to 10k. he put it together himself, and made the custom manifolds and such himself.

so 8 to 10k would be on machining and parts I'm guessing.

he also had a motec computer running, i didnt ask much else on the engine.

i guess i will only find out when its in my car and i get it dyno tuned.

unless he can get me a dyno sheet. either way. if its gettin 250HP I'm more then happy in a ke20.

ok so I'm now struggling to believe the 7psi bit too.

my heads done in now.

i havent seen him since i posted this thread to find out more on the engine.

but would this power figure be possible on higher boost?

At a guess I reckon if the engine is as well built as the guy makes it out to be, running at around 45psi you could probably make that figure. :hmm:

Either way I suggest you try running it at 45psi as soon as possible and return to us with the result. Preferably have someone record it with video from a distance, and show them how to post using your account.