How To 4agte + 7psi = 280rwkw

curly

so we don't clog up someone elses thread

is this achievable, before you laugh have a think and come up with a thought on how to make this possible,

My thoughts, TO4Z garrett

mechanical fuel injection

nitro methane for fuel

35% fuel to air mixture

18/1 compression ratio

cams, valves, springs, ports, pistons, rods, crank, to allow for about 20000rpm

i think you would need about 350kw flywheel to achieve this

possible or not?

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think anyone could probably say for sure on this one, with no one having tried it, but 20000rpm is F1 territory, and having seen some F1 engine gut photos, I'm thinking you'd need to do a lot of work to get there. I'm thinking the piston speed to get up there would probably be too high, and you'd actually want a shorter stroke combined with some very trick pistons, rings, rods and crank.. I'd also be curious to know if the block would hold up to it. I'd say you'd want some pretty good block modification to make sure it survives. Maybe sleeves, or extra support at the very least?

I don't think anyone could probably say for sure on this one, with no one having tried it, but 20000rpm is F1 territory, and having seen some F1 engine gut photos, I'm thinking you'd need to do a lot of work to get there. I'm thinking the piston speed to get up there would probably be too high, and you'd actually want a shorter stroke combined with some very trick pistons, rings, rods and crank.. I'd also be curious to know if the block would hold up to it. I'd say you'd want some pretty good block modification to make sure it survives. Maybe sleeves, or extra support at the very least?

Interesting thing you just made me remember - Yes a f1 engine can do 20,000rpm , but it does so with a very short stroke.

A top fuel drag car only does 9000rpm, but the piston moved like half a foot in its stroke. This actually means that the top fuel engine has a faster piston speed than and F1 engine. From memory @ 9000rpm the piston is doing something crazy like 170 strokes per second!!! :jamie:

GT35/40 on 10psi on a Haybusa motor makes 400hp at 15,000rpm, tuned in brissy too. Nothing till 9000rpm then all hell breaks loose. So yep - If you can rev it hard it enough it'll spool.

Mech injection pumps straight to the cumbustion chamber and you get no detonation at hideous compression ratios.

Add this to purchase order -

- Monoblock copy of a 4AGE in titanium head to sump - headgaskets are for chumps.

- 20,000rpm will need a desmodromic valve train from a ducatti or pneumatic valve springs, F1 motors only go to 15K on springs - call ferarri or cosworth and ask for a quote I dare you :jamie:

- Fully sequential dog box that'll take 20,000rpm shifts

- Maybe a more expensive turbo with fancier bearings is in order.

GT35/40 on 10psi on a Haybusa motor makes 400hp at 15,000rpm, tuned in brissy too. Nothing till 9000rpm then all hell breaks loose. So yep - If you can rev it hard it enough it'll spool.

Mech injection pumps straight to the cumbustion chamber and you get no detonation at hideous compression ratios.

Add this to purchase order -

- Monoblock copy of a 4AGE in titanium head to sump - headgaskets are for chumps.

- 20,000rpm will need a desmodromic valve train from a ducatti or pneumatic valve springs, F1 motors only go to 15K on springs - call ferarri or cosworth and ask for a quote I dare you :jamie:

- Fully sequential dog box that'll take 20,000rpm shifts

- Maybe a more expensive turbo with fancier bearings is in order.

Youd probably need some good quality oil with the monoblock.....something like magnetec where the oil sticks to the top of the motor to stop it getting damaged on cold starts.

Edited by cuzzo

A Busa also has a stock power output of 180 - 200hp so you are only having to double it.