Launceston Dinner Meet

Toy-Yoda

Ok, so after having a chat with Mr. dF about this thread we've come to the conclusion that a dinner meet for Launceston RC at the Jailhouse Grill would be ideal.

Saturday 16th Oct, not 100% sure on time yet, will confirm closer to the date.

Menu is here so you can see food and pricing.

By all means bring the other (better?) half, so the females can chat amongst themselves while we sit about drinking beers and talking shit.

I will be making the final and firm booking about 2 weeks in advance (~2/10/10), so I will need to know exact numbers by then as I'll be booking multiple tables.

So, who's keen? Let me know as soon as you can, k?

Yoda.

Members dont see this ad

i'll just say that it'll be dinner, sometime after 6pm (7pm at the absolute latest), with drinks and stuff either at the Jailhouse, or up the road at another establishment (TBC).

dF

oh, and direct all questions to Yoda....i've got a honeymoon to plan. :D

Oh, I haven't given you a list of roads like I said I would have I! I'll get to it shortly if you still want it.

Dinner is a great idea,..... however to be honest I not a huge fan of the Jailhouse. Yeah they do good steak but you've gotta get the larger cut for a decent feed and dinner with the boys then becomes quite a bit more expensive. Compare that with a block further down the road (Cock & Bull) and you get the same sized steak for 2/3 as much and you don't need to go to the dodgy help youself salad buffet. + the Cock have like 15 odd type of beer on tap too.

Just my 2c.

I'll be coming either way. :D

Oh, I haven't given you a list of roads like I said I would have I! I'll get to it shortly if you still want it.

Dinner is a great idea,..... however to be honest I not a huge fan of the Jailhouse. Yeah they do good steak but you've gotta get the larger cut for a decent feed and dinner with the boys then becomes quite a bit more expensive. Compare that with a block further down the road (Cock & Bull) and you get the same sized steak for 2/3 as much and you don't need to go to the dodgy help youself salad buffet. + the Cock have like 15 odd type of beer on tap too.

Just my 2c.

I'll be coming either way. :D

and where was this input during yoda and my PM's ??? ;) list of roads would be greatly appreciated. i'm sure we'll be hard pressed to find a bad road, it's much better knowing that i won't end up driving on 4wd tracks by 'accident' (have done it before and would do it again...just not with the missus in the car)

i'm not fussed either way, just so long as they can cook a good medium/rare steak for the missus!

if those that are interested in coming wanted to vote on which they'd prefer......or yoda can rule with an iron fist and decide!

i'm not fussed either way, just so long as they can cook a good medium/rare steak for the missus!

if those that are interested in coming wanted to vote on which they'd prefer......or yoda can rule with an iron fist and decide!

Tech mods outrank regoinal leaders! :)

Just stirring, I really don't care where we go either, I'm just not a huge fan of the JHG.

I'll make sure my missus comes along so she can entertain yours while we talk cars and stuff...... hell we'll bring Byron too and I'm sure they'll entertain themselves talking babies or some girly shit! :D

I'll get you a list of roads tomoz. ;)

shit if byron is coming i may have to stop been soft and make a trip out and meet all of the boys then.....

on the cards.

and JHG is great but as simon said the prices are allmost double of the cock and bull and you don't get that much more.

but the standard of the waitresses is great ;) haha

but the standard of the waitresses is great :jamie: haha

QFT

Got onto the C&B, the girl I talked to was possibly the equivalent to a goldfish as far as intelligence goes ;)

However she did manage to remember that there were some gluten free options on the menu, but not what they were ("fish, steak and salad, but the chips might be cooked in the same oil as the chicken schnitzel, not sure if that's ok though"), I'll try and have a chat with one of the chefs, maybe they'll have more than two brain cells to rub together......

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

how's those maps coming along Taz?!

Hey mate, Sorry I've been slack on this. I've ended up pretty busy at work lately, 10 hour days every day pretty much.

I'm about to PM you my mobile number. If you want to have a chat about some good roads them feel free to give me a yell one night.

Might just be easier as to be honest, by the time I'm done at work for the day I just want to get off the laptop and go home.