Roddicks 5Sgte St162

roids70

You'll need a MAP sensor.... its the sort of thing that shouldn't be bypassed. You can buy them pretty cheap off ebay etc in say 1, 2 or 3 Bar, bu the problem will probably be calibrating it for the stock ECU. Aftermarket ECU's allow you to calibrate the MAP sensor in the initial setup.

Members dont see this ad

yeah got a friend looking for his standard gt4 sensor if he's got it some were thats awesome if not FML.

yeah that would be great, will just see how i go for now but if i have trouble will shoot you a pm, and atm i think its only the boos pressure switch holding me back from anything

Edited by roids70

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

ok well i finally come back to look how long its been since i was last here and its been nearly 2 years....................

ok alot has happend.

first off I'm not sure if i ever mentioned it at all on here but this car is now de registered and on its way to being a cams approved loggbooked 3J car. not much has happened inthe way of engine that a purely stade the same. i did infact get the car running really well off a standard 165 ecu, but for some unknown reasons this just started to collaps out from under its self. one thing led to another, i changed the timing on the car which lead to it spiking to 15psi so i changed it back and then for no reson at all the coil pack shat itself. got a new one of them then the ecu was throwing knock sensor codes out changed the wire betweenn the ecu and the sensor. no fix, then changed the knock sensor.... still no fix, even got another ecu... still no fix. the car sat for about 4 months with me not touching it because i was over the situation i was in, when finally i bit the bullet. i bought an adaptronic which was the best desicion i ever made. but befor that i also made myself some coilovers for the front. new exhaust system through the car, 3 inch to the cat then 2 1/2 after but will change to all 3 inch without a cat coming out infront of the rear right wheel. i did score some yoka advan A048Rs for my 15's but they are too big of a profile and makes it look like a 4wd or a stock car, so i managed to get some 17's. but the rears are now on 25mm spacers because the rims are +45 and celica can only run a max of +40. but because i have coilovers in the front i don't need spacers.

also the whole intire car has been gutted. i have a 6point 3inch monza harness. scored a race seat out of my father inlaws folden Capri sports sedan. have a removed the cd played and replaced it with a kill switch and missile switches. still have to install the kill switch pull cable outside of the car. but i am just in the process of installing the seat, i also have a full detachable stearing wheel. with a 3inch deep momo vinal race wheel. a few tow hooks and shit and thats about it really and bonnet pins just to make it look racey and stuff. and some new disc's in the front and managed to score some green stuff pads for cheap as.

i am still at this stage in the process of getting the car tuned. the car runs on a base map, and will be giving it a small tune at symmons plains, and then will be taking it to confyne in ulverstone to tune the rest as they are a tassie dealer for adaptronic,

from here on in my plans are to get the race seat in with harnes in the right location. then tidy up the car and wires. take it to symmons to give it a rough tune, then look at taking it to confyne, then get the roll cage built and get it scrutineered as a 3J car after the eligibility officer has come back to me about the car being eligible for IP or if i have to put it in another class.

The big thing I'm aiming for is Bathurst......... the IP class runs on the same weekend as the 12hr endurance runs. and that is were i want to be in at least 2 years. once i have done it once, thats it ive done my dream. and i will stick to state searies..

i will post some picks up later but it hasnt really changed much still looks the same just with a few more additionals

Cheers Sean

• 4 months later...

ok well i thought its might be a good idea to show my progress

ok so this is a very small picture for some reason but its the celica sitting next to a ferrari

img1026fp.jpg

putting the add ons that are needed to pull me out of the kitty litter

img1359aa.jpg

my 3inch deep momo wheel

img1372x.jpg

custome coilovers

img1003bo.jpg

my console and guages setup

img1399hb.jpg

got a pair of 8inch 450 pound springs

img1476k.jpg

spacers for the rear to fit subaru rims

img1509ax.jpg

the new 17 insh rims

img1597jx.jpg

some new engine managment. a e420d select

img1603oj.jpg

a spare head of mine that i got dipped and my father in laws to start my new motor

img1672hm.jpg

the new 5sfe block purchased that day and pulled apart less than an our later

img1698of.jpg

got a free sparco seat off my father in-law after he crashed his race car

img1749vl.jpg

ARP 3sgte main studs in the 5sfe block

img1750c.jpg

the together look.

img1751hp.jpg

the slight befor

img1599rh.jpg

the now after and more progressed and messy setup

img1793se.jpg

just a couple of glory shots

img1794cr.jpg

img1796vz.jpg

just some standard pistons for the new block

img1759.png

and the OEM 5sfe Meatal h/g

img1799dk.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Decided yesterday while having th day off I notice the car has managed to pick up and oil leak which was behind the turbo. And I notice the crack on the manifold has gotten bigger and a lot of soot has come through so I took the whole turbo setup off the car. Going to look at purchasing a new manifold tomorrow so I can put it all back on this weekend maybe... Finally took the air conditioning pump out of the car so now I have to find a shorter belt and the rib tensioner to go with it. Good thing I got a mate at Toyota spare parts... Will post some pics tonight

befor

img1865hh.jpg

after

img1871el.jpg

had a tinker with the car today and i got a clutch switch in and wired it to the computer and tested (sort of) so now i can have launch controll and flat shifting set up. but untill tomorrow i have no brake lights lol. i stoll the switch from the brake and my good friend in toyota spare parts has ordered me a new switch. i will be able to test the car properly once i get the new manifold as well