How To Install An Electronic Distributor

jackbyo

i wasnt seeing any sparks so i was holding the lead while cranking it. no spark. tried earthing the coil ZAPPPPPPPPPPP

muscle in my hand started twitching LOL

edit -

The only other idea I could have is the coil somehow not liking the module. The guy at Bosch said I must run a Bosch MEC- coil with this module, but I don't see how a "complete circuit, break circuit" coil trigger arrangement could really matter, especially since the coil -ve terminal on the module (with the coil disconnected) remained disconnected from ground (resistance wise) in both the "run" setting and during cranking....

seams a fella from the gemini club had the same problem. seams like the coil isnt like the module

Edited by Evan G

Members dont see this ad
  • 5 months later...

I did the same thing testing the compression on a mates rx7. Laid the leads over the guard after taking them off the spark plugs to get them out the way. Then lent over the guard to hold the compression tester to the motor while my mate cranked the car. I copped it to the upper inside of my thigh. :S

Not good! Now i remove the lead from the coil :y:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Thanks to jackbyo and also johno1986 for this informative "How to guide". Great work guys.

This got me out of the Sh*t when my original electronic dizzy died.

Recently I went to Bali for a holiday and I was speaking to a taxi driver about old Rollas and asked about parts. Long story short is that I got a brand spanking new electronic dizzy with pickup and module under the cap just like the original

for my 5K for $ 65 bucks. Couldn't get my money out fast enough.

My question is do I still need a ballast resistor if i'm using a Bosch GT40 coil as in johno1986 drawing.

Cheers Mustardo.

PS if anyone wants the Contacts of the mob I bought the Dizzy from in Bali send me an email and I'll send you the info. They do send to Australia but use DHL or the like. Don't use their postal service as it is based around the principles of black holes ;).