4Age Diagnostic Error Codes

capt. crunch

hey guys i got a 4age 16v tvis bigport with map sensor set up and randomly started getting error codes 5, 9 and 10. mine is a early model and i think it is only meant to get the single digit codes, i had a list of them somewhere previously but now i can't for the life of me find them! been all over google and forums and can only find the smallport / newer model with 2 digit pin codes. can anyone help.

sorry in advance for the rookie question i just having such a hard time tracking down that list again.

Members dont see this ad

Since they aren't in the faq I will post the codes you need and put the lot in the faq.

5 - o2 sensor but was only listed on the late code database.

9 - Vehicle speed sensor signal Signal from the vehicle speed sensor is 0km/h for several seconds when the engine speed is faster then 2,800rpm and the intake manifold pressure signal is over rated value.

10 - Starter signal STA signal was not received until the engine exceeded 800rpm at vehicle speed 0km/h

I take it your speedo is not working?

Pull the "STOP" light fuse out of the drivers side kick panel to reset the fault codes, refit the fuse and check for codes, take it for a drive and recheck.

Noticed the problem my car is having is the fuel pump isn't pumping!

how can I test the pump to see if it's broken and how likely is it for a fuel pump to just die all of the sudden?

my immobilizer does switch off the pump too but i'm not sure if it's the immobilizer's problem because i was driving when it cut out. suggestions on how to test the pump would be great.

Noticed the problem my car is having is the fuel pump isn't pumping!

how can I test the pump to see if it's broken and how likely is it for a fuel pump to just die all of the sudden?

my immobilizer does switch off the pump too but i'm not sure if it's the immobilizer's problem because i was driving when it cut out. suggestions on how to test the pump would be great.

How do you know that the immobiliser is working and does the engine light come one when you turn the key on?

To manually run the fuel pump you need to turn the ignition to "ON" and bridge the terminals of the T looking plug next to the diagnostic port (passenger side firewall under wiper motor), the pump should sound.

If you are unsure what the plug looks like, here is one for reference but dark blue instead.

T 2pin Plug

i can tell the immobilizer works because when its engaged the charge light is off and when it is disengaged it comes on. might bypass it tomorrow and have a look if it works.

Just giving a heads up too, this is a ke70 with a conversion, was running sweet before i went away over east and was running for a while just randomly cut out last night.

I'll test the pump like you suggested with shorting the terminal and see if it's working or not.

i can tell the immobilizer works because when its engaged the charge light is off and when it is disengaged it comes on. might bypass it tomorrow and have a look if it works.

Just giving a heads up too, this is a ke70 with a conversion, was running sweet before i went away over east and was running for a while just randomly cut out last night.

I'll test the pump like you suggested with shorting the terminal and see if it's working or not.

ok.

Well it could be anything, if you don't know the conversion then it is sometimes a pain in the ass to work out where to start, this also explains why you have to speed sensor.

The pump is probably hooked up to an external source and not the ecu so it might not work.

that would be great thanks man, i got the wiring diagram for the ke70, the ECU pin outs and a basic diagram which is mostly in Jap so it's not the easiest to work with, only one I don't really have is the COR diagram.

Think there is just a weak connection somewhere, because today we started the car by engaging the relay by hand and when you let go of the switch the electro magnet kept the switch engaged when the engine ran and disengaged as it should.

I'm thinking I have one of a few problems going on:

1. there is a bad earth somewhere and the circuit isn't getting good continuity

2. my battery might be on the brink and can't power the relay enough to engage when cranking.

3. loose connections somewhere.

4. relay is just getting old.

i dunno if you have found this

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/index.php?title=Circuit_Opening_Relay_Wiring

but i used that to wire up mine.

sounds to me like you havent got the start signal hooked up correctly?

also, at home i have a pdf on how to make a circuit opening relay out of 2 standard relays. so if you want i can send that you way if your COR is just stuffed.

Edited by ke70dave

ok when i did the install i just copied wire for wire what the previous guy did so i set it up exactly like he did.

from what it looks like looking at that COR plug the previous dude wired up the earth and the starter signal up in reverse. (white/black was earthed and black connected to starter signal).

will try swapping them over and see how it goes then.