Ke55 4Spd Box Loom

NOCHNCE

Hi, i just finished putting a Ke70 5spd box into my Ke55 sedan which used to have a 4spd.

The only problem is the loom is obviously different, i need help trying to identify which solenoids/senders, wires go to where...

Any help would be great!

And also, would Ke30 door and boot seals fit a Ke55? (sedan) Finding them all over eBay but want to make sure first.

Edited by NOCHNCE

Members dont see this ad

The seals from the '30 will fit the '55. There was some talk about the ones off ebay a while back, you'll just have to have a search in the "Automotive Discussion" section due to mixed options of them.

On the gearbox. Those quick connectors you can get from the local auto shop are ideal for the wiring to the g'box. Pretty well much the only wiring you'll be needing on the g'box is the reversing switch. The reverse switch wiring should come from under the master cylinder along the firewall to the g'box, just two wires ending in a plug or something. The other wiring that goes to the g'box is for a switch or two for the carby to do with the emissions control which the ke70 g'box doesn't have.

There's no sweat with connecting the wires to the reversing switch on the g'box its just a switch - basically power in, power out.

But since i only have an early '30 someone with a '55 might have a better idea on the plugs etc.

The only wires you HAVE to really hook up to the box is the reverse light switch. As Towe001 said its the two wires with a 2 pin plug, and goes to the side of the gearbox. The other 1 or maybe 2 wires are 4th and 5th gear indicators (in the front top of the gearbox), yes they do get connected to the carby but are for modifying the mixture for highway cruising.

Yeah it'll make things all nice, easy and clean looking but i wouldn't get overly worried if their not the same.

If their not the same the easiest thing to do with connectors is pull the switch out, its a bitch of a job but it can be done (from memory its a 25mm but don't quote me) without having to pull the g'box out. Just make sure you clean all the crap from around the switch first before diving in between the firewall the carby, exhaust and back of the motor.

Next on the step is test it to make sure it works.

A pair of those 2-way connectors are good for the job.

Don't be worried about wire orientation its just a simple on/off switch.

i had a quick look this morning at it and saw a switch/solenoid at the front of the gearbox up the top... i saw it through the back of the engine bay.

is that the reverse switch?

or is there another tucked back further which i can't see without getting underneath..

Edited by NOCHNCE

• 2 years later...