1965 Isuzu Wasp

madKE35coupe

hey guys. as some of you know i picked up a 1965 isuzu wasp a few months back. well technically i saved it from being put to pasture. i had posted it up on the isuzu bellett forum not long after i got it. and last week a bloke rocked up at my work wanting to know if i wanted to sell it. now i wasnt really planning on selling it, unless i knew it was for the right price. are there any enthusiasts out there that could shed some light on this situation, as the wasp is not listed in any of the valuation websites. this is the forum where it is posted.

http://www.bellett.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=965

Members dont see this ad

A car like that is only worth something to a pretty hardcore enthusiast and I don't imagine there are too many of them around. It's a real case of only being worth what someone will pay.

I would decide if I I was ever going to get around to restoring it and if not I'd take what he's offering.

You don't want it sitting untouched in your yard in 6 months wishing you could find someone to buy it.

thats true. the bloke that was asking about it has fully restored his one, but is looking for another one. the fact that it is a styleside makes it even more rare as well. he is pretty keen on it though, because the day he came to see me he wanted me to take him round to my place to see it there and then.

I'd guess he wants it for a parts car. Realistically, potential buyers are going to be few, all of them likely to be on the Bellett forum and thus have seen it. This guy is obviously local so easier for you.

Unless you're keen to put in the effort on this car, and that doesn't sound the case, move it on to someone who will treasure it, even if just for parts.

Plus he knows you paid $10 for it, so don't get to carried away pricewise.

• 1 month later...

well the coupe is just about ready to get out on the road, so i think the wasp is going to be the next project. my local mechanic that works on my cars including the coupe, is fairly interested in the belletts at the moment, so i think he may be keen to give me a hand with what i can't do.

I paid $50 for a Bellett in similar condition. My pristine Bellett sold for $2000.

Unless you're really serious about doing something with it, ask for a carton, and get that warm and fuzzy feeling that soneone else will do something good with it, and keep a piece of history alive.

• 3 weeks later...

G'Day !

Whats the chance you ended up getting this thing running? Heck, id be up for a drive out to warwick to try to see if we could make it breath again, just for shits n giggles =D

PM me if your keen =D

T'

What a cool little truck, reminds me of the RT4?(shovel-nose) Corona Utes....

Maybe we could organise a little cruise out there for the revival...hehe