Mhmills' Ke70 Temporary 4K Blower Setup!

mhmills

Hey guys,

Just thought I'd share my pride and joy with you!

I bought this KE70 from a bloke through Ebay in Sunbury. It was one of the straightest KE70's I had seen, so I HAD to have it! I paid $1500, it was a bit pricey but I don't regret it in the slightest.

It's beige in colour with 2 thin brown and orange stripes up the sides of the car. It's running a 4k completely stock 4 speed manual. I just recently got a full sports exhaust fitted just this weekend, extractors and 2" whole way through, sounds HEAPS better then what it did. I also chucked on a set of 14" Watanabee rims, sprayed black suit the car quite well.

My future plans for it are to get the engine worked and chuck a carby that I've had sitting around for too long (Weber 32/36 Reco'd).

Mind you these photos were taken before I had some work done to it.

post-11811-075164800 1288601409_thumb.jpg

post-11811-003912900 1288601426_thumb.jpg

post-11811-040923300 1288601476_thumb.jpg

post-11811-025548300 1288601507_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills

Members dont see this ad

yea boi! welcome aboard and neat find. don't work the 4k work a 5k for valve for money!

ive rebuilt my 4k with a cam/balanced/new pistons etc etc and the bog stock $100 5k pulls harder than it :blinks:

Yeah, nah I kinda wanna keep the 4k. Don't worry I did contemplate getting a 5k recently, but I don't feel it's worth it. Besides my mate, who got me into this machine, doesn't reckon it's worth it either. He said if you're doing any engine conversions I'd be best off with a 4age. So I'll stick with my 4k unless I change my mind :P

i just letting you know through my experience of the dirty k motors LOL

5k just drop in and everything 4k bolts on to it. more torque than a 4k and doesn't require kicking the clutch in the wet LOL

Edited by Evan G

i paid $100 for my 5k from pick a part COMPLETE with electronic dissy/ 80 amp alternator/ starter motor and a brand spanking clutch on it :D

yea you will need to use the 4k clutch/flywheel or just buy a 19 spline 5k clutch

Edited by Evan G

Welcome mate, good to see another slanty/ke70 bloke on here. I remembering seeing this on 86 DC :hmm: Where abouts do you live mate, closeish to Epping and or Greensborough :wink: Pics of interior and mighty 4k please!

Nah mate, nowhere near there. I'm located in Hoppers Crossing. :D

Yeah. Dad and I know the Guy who owned it, and Dad said straight up that it's his old one. He told us it had a 4A-GE in it, but obviously it doesn't.

Josh :cool:

Lol, what, the guy who owned it? Wouldn't the ride height have given it away at first glance? It sat REALLY high till I cut the springs. He was a nice bloke though.