Mhmills' Ke70 Temporary 4K Blower Setup!

mhmills

Lol, what, the guy who owned it? Wouldn't the ride height have given it away at first glance? It sat REALLY high till I cut the springs. He was a nice bloke though.

I wouldn't know. I never saw it when he owned it, only Dad's seen it. He is a nice bloke. He's discounted me on a few things from Autobarn.

Josh :cool:

Members dont see this ad

I wouldn't know. I never saw it when he owned it, only Dad's seen it. He is a nice bloke. He's discounted me on a few things from Autobarn.

Josh :cool:

Fair enough then. Take it from me, it was like it had a lift kit, was kind of embarrassing when I first got it :P

Thought I'd share some more photos of the "Beige Beast"!

In these photos you can see the interior, the custom parcel shelf to fit 2 6x9's and the engine bay with my sexy new extractors (Blue in the photos ;P)

I'm also contemplating cutting another coil off the springs, for more low, can't decide. BEFORE anyone says anything, YES, my rims aren't in the greatest nick at the moment. I'm thinking about getting them powdercoated and fixed up, also need some centre caps as they didn't come with any:(

post-11811-011665800 1288679844_thumb.jpg

post-11811-060889600 1288679962_thumb.jpg

post-11811-067106900 1288680004_thumb.jpg

post-11811-070366200 1288680050_thumb.jpg

post-11811-058850200 1288680118_thumb.jpg

post-11811-065022900 1288680149_thumb.jpg

post-11811-000887400 1288680162_thumb.jpg

Supercharger set up incoming. Also reconsidering the 5k idea. Fully work 5k with blower setup could be nice... :P

ALSO! May have a spare super charger for sale soon, Aisin AMR500. Bolts straight onto k series engine. Will require some custom pipes if running a carby setup.

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by mhmills

youll be leaving commodores for dead! with the right setup

Lol, I wish! I dunno if it will put out THAT much power, but would be nice. Downside is I'm running off a carby setup, I get the feeling I'll be loosing alot of power compared to that of an EFI setup.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I'd update since it's been so long!

I have some new toys for my beast. A 5k engine, soon to be worked to the shitter and a k50 box. Can't wait to get this assembled, followed by supercharging the worked 5k,running a 32/36 Weber will be very interesting. Will get pics eventually, haven't even seen my car for 3 weeks now, let alone drive her :(

ALSO, got some overrated as MA61's coming in soon!

Edited by mhmills

• 2 weeks later...

Just a small update.

This monday, my mechanic and I will be chucking a supercharger on me 4k, mostly for shits and giggles, whilst my 5k will be getting rebuilt and worked. Also be running the blower off a 32/36 Weber for more power and be chucking on a newly purchased thermo fan, to allow less drag on my engine. MIGHT even chuck my new MA61's on. Haven't decided as to whether I can be stuffed getting em sanded and resprayed with a new clear coat. We'll see how we go, I'll take photos as well.

Cheers!

Okay fellas!

Today I managed to accomplish a few things, but wasted a lot of my time chasing parts. I pulled apart the stock carby setup, pulled everything off leaving just the intake manifold there. I then dick around with the positioning of the blower on the A/C bolt on section. At this point I realised I couldn't get it on around the fuel pump. I removed the fuel pump, attached the blowers brackets then ATTEMPTED to fit the fuel pump in, FAIL! This was a minor set back as I was already afraid there would not be enough pressure to pump fuel with a blower setup. So then I sat around waiting for the fuel pump to be delivered and sealed up the old fuel pump hole. I then began to refit new fuel lines replacing the old shot ones and putting on better clamps to keep a better hold with the electric fuel pump I received with the increase in fuel pressure.

At this point the fuel pump still hadn't arrived, so I decided to start pulling unnecessary bit a pieces off my 5k, ie: manifold, hotbox, emission shit, etc. I've taken some pics of the aftermath!

So the fuel pump arrives and was trying to work out where the best place to have it mounted. After much fussing about I decided to attach it next to the radiator. Now this is only temporary as I plan to move it somewhere else when I have more time. So now the fuel lines upto the new electric pump are set up. I attached the blower to the brackets began working out the piping placements. I will have to keep fiddling with this tomorrow as I ran out of time. This is as far as I've gotten today, I plan to go in early tomorrow morning before work and hopefully have the next few steps completed.

To do list:

- Wire up the electric pump

- Attach carby to intake pipes

- Attach fuel lines to carby and choke

- Replace accelerator cable linkage (The end broke off)

- Get my MA61's sandblasted and re-polished in clear coat (Might happen AFTER Christmas)

- Send my 5k off to be worked and rebuilt

I think that's about all that's left. I feel I made some real progress on this badboy today and will HOPEFULLY finish it tomorrow before work, otherwise it will be another morning on Wednesday after working Tuesday night shift >.>

If you guys have any tips or any input whatsoever don't be afraid to post it up! :)

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-047491700 1292831574_thumb.jpg

post-11811-038045400 1292831608_thumb.jpg

post-11811-080813500 1292831667_thumb.jpg

post-11811-061563500 1292831691_thumb.jpg

post-11811-060371000 1292831713_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills

So early this morning I went in to work on the car AGAIN.

I didn't have a great deal of time to play with it today as I did yesterday, but you have to try.I basically picked up where I left off. I started putting the piping and the charger together, first problem, the pipe connecting the intake with the charger didn't line up. After trial and error in a few places, I realised I had left a small plate between the intake manifold and the pipes. This allowed for the pipes to line up with the charger. In the pics you may notice that I swapped the blowers around and am using the silver one at current. I will swap them back around when I go in tomorrow.

I remounted the brackets and charger to the intake pipe, then attached it to the intake. This was much easier then attaching the pipe to the intake then charger. I then proceeded to attach the next pipe leading to where the carby will now be located, the left side of the engine. I got everything all together and lined up, yet to attach the carby to the setup yet. I was discussing with one of the mechanics about the pulls and realised I was missing a V pulley in my set up and one indented pulley (Not sure of the name of this one, looks like a regular belt). We managed to get some more of the pulleys so that they all matched.

That's all the work I managed to get done today, going to go in early again tomorrow to get some more work done. Hopefully even finish it, which is what I'm really going for.

Yet again guys, feel free to leave any feedback or input whatever it may be, any help is appreciated.

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-067051400 1292909654_thumb.jpg

post-11811-098134700 1292909708_thumb.jpg

post-11811-038470000 1292909728_thumb.jpg