Mhmills' Ke70 Temporary 4K Blower Setup!

mhmills

Sounds like it will be another fun setup. Good to see more forced K goodness!

I'm a little worried about your intake path to the blower from the carb, any particular reason why it goes down so far before coming back up to to blower inlet? Low speed driving/lowair speed situations will probably cause fuel puddling down the bottom of the bend making for some interesting tuning issues!

Looking forward to seeing this up and running!

JP

Members dont see this ad

Sounds like it will be another fun setup. Good to see more forced K goodness!

I'm a little worried about your intake path to the blower from the carb, any particular reason why it goes down so far before coming back up to to blower inlet? Low speed driving/lowair speed situations will probably cause fuel puddling down the bottom of the bend making for some interesting tuning issues!

Looking forward to seeing this up and running!

JP

In all honesty this is more of a quick test/trial for when I do it to my 5k. So if it fails, I'll trial and error before moving onto supercharging the 5k and hopefully have all the problems worked out by the time it's ready :D

How about straight out of the S/C into a side-draught carb?? Single big Weber or SU.

I also contemplated using a side draft carby, but I've come too far to change it just yet. If this fails, it's back to the drawing board/ trial and error time! :)

As for today's progress!

So I managed to get in nice an early to "finish" my work. I got there and straight away began dismantling the setup so that I could replace the blowers again. After much tedious lining up and what not I finally got it back to the way it should be. After all this fiddling and rage, I began working on fitting the Weber 32/36 carby. Most of the time was trial and error with how I would bolt it together, at first I wasn't keen on using the double ended bolts that you'd normally use on the intake manifold, but after some thinking I was okay with it. After much dicking around with bolts and gaskets the pipe was ready to fit the 32/36.

It worked out perfectly so far, so I then moved onto reattaching the choke. I did so, then the mechanic told me it was wrong, so I had to redo, but with more success the second time. At this point I was running short of time as I had to go to work for yet another NIGHT SHIFT!!!! So I made a quick trip to Repco to get the final odds and ends for the build, a new belt to suit the setup (The one I had was far too small), more fuel line seals and some electrical male/female terminal connections for the electric fuel pump. After picking that up I fitted the belt on with a good level of tension and attached the last remaining fuel line(pump<carby).

I had to leave it at that as I was already OVER time to get home so I could get ready for work. I plan to go in tomorrow early, AGAIN, and finish this "TRIAL" once and for all.

To do list:

- Attach the broken accelerator cable, somehow.

- Attach carby air filter.

- Connect the electric fuel pump to power supply.

- GET HER RUNNING!

- Tune the carby ( Can't remember if the fellas tuned it when they fitted it, plus will probably need it given the new setup!)

I'll keep you guys posted. In case you're wondering I've been doing these updates on my lunch breaks!

Cheers Jake.

post-11811-014371900 1292996058_thumb.jpg

post-11811-058585800 1292996088_thumb.jpg

post-11811-063458200 1292996112_thumb.jpg

post-11811-037073900 1292996133_thumb.jpg

Edited by mhmills

Just a small update!

So I haven't had a chance to tinker with my Rolla as of late, however I plan to go in Friday morning and try and finish the thing off. I've also had a very possible new plan to twincharge my 5k with a T25 Turbo. I don't know if I'll go through with this but it's a very possible plan.

Feel free to leave me feedback, etc. I would also like some input on turboing a 5k, what I'll need etc.

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by mhmills

I'm a little worried about your intake path to the blower from the carb, any particular reason why it goes down so far before coming back up to to blower inlet?

Probably to give the car a reasonable amount of clearance with an air filter fitted and to keep a decent amount of radius in te bend.

Wack a sidedraught straight on the inlet :P

• Upvote 1

Probably to give the car a reasonable amount of clearance with an air filter fitted and to keep a decent amount of radius in te bend.

Wack a sidedraught straight on the inlet :P

Spot on my friend it almost doesn't clear it due to the amount of gaskets and adaptors :P

But yeah sidedraft would be nice, but not if I want to do my turbo setup as well. :(

So I got a chance to work on her today.

I managed to get everything hooked up and powered, I overcame my accelerator cable problem solved, or so I thought. After much fabricating and planning, all my cable mounts and links, kinda failed. So now in the market to find a replacement. :(

Although the cable failed that didn't stop me, we wired the fuel pump up and were ready to start her. Turned the key... Nothing! Realized the battery had gone flat! So we attached a charge pack, and tried again. The engine began to turn! It started to run then stopped. I managed to start it again and run it for 30 seconds with the choke half way out. The mechanic told me to turn it off... Kill joy!

I started it again with his help and he throttled the shit out of it, but it would not idle and stopped again. Little did we realise the fuel pump stopped clicking, so it MAY have lost it's power.

As usual I ran out of time to play with my toy as the fellas wanted to close up and star their new years drinking! So now I'm in the market for s new accelerator cable and can't work on my baby till next Wednesday. Oh well!

That's all for today, so close to getting this thing going!

I hope you all have a good new years! If anyone has an accelerator cable I've got an advert on the wanted boards.

Cheers, Jake.

SCORE! Got the whole day off tomorrow!

I'm determined to get my temporary setup going! Hopefully I'll have ironed out all the kinks in the plan and I can drive it home!!! If I do get it finished I will take a video of it running, my treat :P

Wish me luck guys, Jake.