1970 Ke20 For Sale, Comes With A Whole Heap Of Expensive Parts! &#

7FOUR7

Hey guys, havn't been a member on here long but have been a long time rolla fan having owned a couple of Ke70s years ago.

Anyway, here is my latest purchase. 1970 ke20 with 78,000 on the clock.

It's a stock 3k and toyoglide at the moment.

There is one small spot of rust in the engine bay 3cm long which is being cut out and welded when it gets a fresh coat of paint in the next couple of months.

Anyway I bought the car around 8 weeks ago from a guy who had bought it off the original owner only a couple of months prior.

It has EVERY SINGLE service reciept, original service manual and log book and even the original purchase reciept for $2105.40 .

I have a very thick folder of reciepts, it's cool to look through and see what kind of services were done for 30 odd bucks back in 1970.

Apart from the small spot of rust and faded paint the car is basically overrated.

EDIT: New plans driveline wise. The car is getting a full forged ca18det with cp pistons, eagle rods, o-ringed block, copper head gasket, 270deg cams, 550hp rated GT3076r, two bosch 984 pumps, holley blue pump, indy white 1600cc injectors etc etc. Will be run on e85 and a minimum of 25psi. Also going an r33 5spd with a jim berry clutch and 2step/anti-lag setup in the hope of cracking a 10sec quarter. Suspension/Brakes will be R31 front struts, r31 slotted rotors front and rear and a shortened 28spline r31 diff.

Anyway, enough talk. Here are the pics.

Enjoy.

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

Edited by 7FOUR7

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow looks totally overrated!

with cars that age though, isnt that odometer actually 5 digits rather than 6? So it's ticked over however many times and is now on 7,844 (miles?) and 8/10ths?

in any case, the car looks great and thats even better youve got the service history. I love the interior so damn much too

Oh my god....I really love that combination of White with Red trim.

Exactly like my old 20 although this one's an Auto. I can vouch for 20's with 5K/5spd aswell, a lot of fun to drive....

I would suggest storing the seats as they will wear no matter how careful you are (they're not very comfortable to sit in for long drives either). A straight bolt-in replacement is Autotechnica sports seats (you just need to use the original seat rails).

Nice find mate. We look forward to seeing the progress pics

Anyway, here is my latest purchase. 1970 ke20 with 78,000 on the clock.

IMG_0167.jpg

Its not 78K, it 7,800ml. So I think its pretty safe to assume its been round the clock one already making it a 107,000ml car. Thats still bugger all though.

Yeah its clean, but there would be no way its only done 7800ml.

So, a couple of updates.

Have converted the front to ke30 disk brake and hub conversion. Also have a new diff with ke30 brakes/hub and the manual ratio which I stripped to bare metal, primed and painted. Radiator, fan, shroud and stone tray are being degreased and ribbed back as we speak to be primed and painted.

Also rubbed back and primed the airbox, not sure what colour I'll paint it yet though..

The front struts will be pulled back out, stripped down and painted in gloss black like everything else.

pics

IMG_0225.jpg

IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0257.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

Edited by 7FOUR7

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update, I have purchased a full forged ca18det with cp pistons, eagle rods etc. I'll strap a gt3071r to the side and tune it on e85, should absolutely fly. I cam to the realization that after owning a 330rwkw vl and an 11sec gtr this thing would never satisfy me with a k donk