Hey Guys

st.nick

Members dont see this ad

Fun times look like they've been ruined by paper-trail bullshit...

Coz I don't have a purchase receipt for the van, I can't register it!!

What da Phuk?? I paid a few hundred buck for it out of a f@$kin paddock and I need a f@$kin receipt?? What a load of HORSE-SHIT!!!

So I doubt she'll make it to the meet on sunday... :cool: :y:

ok, so we didn't get around to doing the brakes today, but we did the battery hold down, (changed the steering box yesterday off his old brown car) changed the mis-matching rear tyre, and made the engine look like it had just left toyota, and we took it back in to see if we could scrape through the re-inspection.

The guy came out the front of his shop, checked the rear tyre, had a quick glance in the engine bay....passed.

So all that stressing for nothing.

However, when we went to the motor registry shop front to pay rego on it, they wanted the receipt from the guy Jero bought the car off, which he didn't have, so they said, well you need to go get it, and we explained that the guy had gone overseas for a year. And the lady refused to help us, and just said we have to get a receipt off him, so I said to her, well what happens if the guy is dead, what do we do next, because him being overseas means we can't get a receipt, so there MUST be something else we can do. So she went and got the manager, who abused me, and told me to leave, (I think she was pissed off because I knew they can register a car without a receipt if the new owner signs a stat dec)

Anyway, she wanted us to put the previous owners name and address on the back of the rego inspection sheet, and Jero said he doesn't know the guys address. So the manager told him to find it, and she will let him sign a stat dec. He said there is no way he can find it, so she said she wanted him to make an attempt to find it, and I said to her, so if he walks to a public internet computer and looks for him, and comes back without being able to find him, would she consider that a reasonable attempt at finding the address, and what can he do after that.

She refused to answer my question, saying that he is 18 so he should know what a reasonable effort is, so I thought well f@$k u woman, so we walked to the shops and bought some paper and a pen, and Jero sold me the car, for $50. I then sold the car back to Jero for $50, and wrote him out his receipt. He filled out the rego paper with my name and address, as I was now the previous owner, and he went inside.

He came out with a rego sticker in his hand, and told me that she said, "He has just gotten his mate to write that receipt outside" which, obviously, I had...and there is nothing she could do about it, so she had to give him his rego. haha

Car is looking good now, pics up soon. The interior is in excellent condition, but the paint could use a refresh.

Man!!

Paperwork is a motherf@$ker!!

I got a genuine receipt from Q on sunday (thanks bro). I will get her rego'd tomorrow (once I get paid).

UPDATE of progress:

I had the rego check which it passed with flying colours. All the electrics are sorted (cept the driving lights, I'll get them done soon), and she got a wheel-alignment... UH OH!!!

The longer lower arms from a LATE model Sigma are toooooo long. The camber dialled in at -6 degrees!! 3x too much...

So the next step down will be EARLY model Sigma arms. They are visually identical to the Corolla unit (press-in balljoints), but they are about 1in shorter than the later version Sigma arms (which have bolt-on balljoints). They should be spot-on... Providing I can find a good set of them :)

I'll keep ya'll posted.

• 4 weeks later...

Update: JAN 06

With all the madness surrounding my move to hobart, and cleaning up my house (Man, how much can one guy collect in 6 years!! f@$k ME Ive got some shit!!!), I've not had much chance to get on "the 'club" aqnd update stuff, so here goes...

Put in the SHORTER lower arms from a GE sigma. Now she only has 1.5deg negative camber, but thats all good!!

Changed the rear brakes, as she destroyed some crucial bits on the way back from the launie meet, and was un-drivable. I changed the rear pass side wheel bearing, by swapping a whole axle out of another diff. Changed wheel cylinders too... so now it stops ALOT better.

Something I have found that is a ***MUST*** for anyone who is gonna drive their wagons HARD... Change the rear springs for sedan ones!! Mine is 100% more driveable and better behaved. And it sits alot better too (none of this 80s 'arse in the air' Torana bullshit), and the stance is about 78 times better!!

Tomorrow: Valve-stem seals, tappets, and tuning!!

So Far.... So Good!!!