4K Rebuild Kit Unknown Parts

Hey guys, Alec here again. Sorry bout making so many thread, i'll get around to making a rides thread soon and put all my queries in there :happy:

Anyways, i've just rebuilt my first 4k for my 1983 Flat front KE70. However i've got three pieces left i have NO idea about. I'm only new to this so be gentle. Pretty much i have a rubber O-ring that looks like a possible dissy seal or somthing, and two strange round rings. I have absolutely no idea what they are for. Can someone please help?

image0194.jpg

image0195.jpg

Cheers

Alec

Members dont see this ad

yeah that could make sense dave, its strange tho that the outer diameter of both the weird "gasket" things is the same, but the inside diameter is different. i tried taking that second pic up close but my camera is shit. yeah, its like a ceramic sort of material inbetween the layers of metal strip, its quite odd.

yep they sound like exhaust gaskets to me.

i can't recall the form of the ke70 exhaust but i did replace one in my old stocko ke70 exhaust. half way down the car somewhere there is a join.

i did howeever have to replace them in my stocko 4age exhaust manifold, where the 4-2 part joins the secondaries there is one of those ring things on each runner.

they are a fairly gineric item, and the internal diameter doesnt matter to much, so long as the external diameter fits where its supposed to go. the rest is just crushed and seals it up.

oh alright, cool so the two weird ones are exhaust gaskets, i don't thnk the rubber one is anything to do with the timing cover. i hope not haha

cheers for the help guys

ps oh Toymotar, is that one of the things that slips over the threded rod that goes through the top of the tappet cover (or engine hat) and then the nut tightens over it to keep it down?

ps oh Toymotar, is that one of the things that slips over the threded rod that goes through the top of the tappet cover (or engine hat) and then the nut tightens over it to keep it down?

Correct..... engine hat :lolcry:

The rubber one isn't a front main seal (timing cover). Not too sure what it might be. Is the other side the same? Just a solid rubber ring?

Rubber ring could be for spark plug o rings, if it was round the rubber o ring I would say dissy ? but it isnt so I'm guessing spark plug tube as there sqaure sided o ring.

As the gaskit kit would cover most K variants you will get some stuff left over,

Those ceramic things I got heaps in the shed,

Cheers

Andy

Rubber ring could be for spark plug o rings, if it was round the rubber o ring I would say dissy ? but it isnt so I'm guessing spark plug tube as there sqaure sided o ring.

As the gaskit kit would cover most K variants you will get some stuff left over,

Those ceramic things I got heaps in the shed,

Cheers

Andy

Good suggestion. How many are there? Just one or 4x?

TazRx: yeah engine hat always gets me, can't remember what member that was tho. And yeah its just a solid rubber ring, flat on one side rounded on the other.

Andy: Nah its not a sparkplug seal, all 4 of them went into my engine. The inner diameter of it is 37mm and the outer diameter is 49mm. I full have no idea.

There's only one of them too