Team Racing Dynamic Abilities Tincan

78_7kRolla

Members dont see this ad

oversteer scares the passager

understeer scares the driver.

Does that mean he was the passenger in this case since it was a lack of rear grip that created the drama?

Since he hasn't done it himself and I did take photos to stir him up....

Before

IMG_1031.JPG

After

IMG_1087.JPG

Lol thanks for putting up pics :) Apart from that the first event the car was excellent and I had it fixed 24 hours later. This Saturday I'll be cutting some laps at Sandown. Anyone who's interested is more than welcome to come down for a look.

More updates to follow.

Matt.

Thanks Luke, I'm sure there will be plenty of other opportunities for you to come for a joy ride.

Thanks Onikage, I'm planning to repair it properly soon. The car is on club rego meaning I have to fill out a log book and can only use up to 90 days per year. Hence why it is only semi stripped out and has remained in a roadworthy state (except for the loud exhaust). The wheels are a very old ROH design and originally come with ugle screw in center caps. I bought them second hand so I can't tell you much more about them.

Also, on the engine do you have a metal pipe that runs from the exhaust manifold through some diaphragms to the intake manifold? I believe this is part of the EGR system which thankfully I don't have. There's a blank spot on the intake manifold where it should bolt up but no system, just wondering if you've got it or not.

The EGR system is for carby cars hence why our cars have that blank spot you speak of.

I know this is from a while back now & that it's a minor thing :yes: I just knew I'd seen it somewhere... This appears to be a region specific thing as the car in this shot (FX-GT) runs an AFM as well :)

Stupid EGR systems! :abuse:

post-5437-0-48250700-1310901158_thumb.jpg

How's your headache from the 21st? :wink:

Good find Luke. Now the EGR plug makes proper sense. It wasn't so much a headache from the 21st it was more the time I got home, could have gotten changed and gone straight to C,C & D!

As for Sandown on Saturday the car was perfect as was the weather. Sunny and no rain with cold air for extra killerwasps. Had plenty of tracktime and no incidents to boot!

I only have one pic that kehendo took.

Matt.

post-2153-0-09580300-1310901994_thumb.jpg