Ilona The Twincharger Ke55 Coupe

mhmills

Members dont see this ad

Well, naturally I'm gonna have the 5k decompressed. As to how I'm undecided at present, I kinda want to keep it a FULL 5k rather then put a 4k head on it for instant decomp. I'm picky :P As for PSI, I'm looking at about 12PSI from the SC14 with aftermarket pulley and about 8PSI from the T28. I plan to increase the overall boost anyways, this is just the stock figures as present. I'll start tinkering with levels of boost as the project starts coming back together.

Cheers, Jake.

Sounds good, though putting a 4k head on a 5k would increase the compression, not decompress it?

Edit: I read somewhere that 4k heads don't fit on 5ks anyway

But yeah, would boring out the cylinders decompress it enough do you reckon? Or at all?

Edited by Nostalgia

• 2 weeks later...

So I recently travelled up to Torquay for a week in my baby. Was a very relaxed fun trip with the missus.

Prior to leaving I had my mate install my Alpine head unit from my old Holden VT SS, it was just sitting around and thought I should put it to use. I didn't want to position it the same as most people, in the centre console, so I had purchase another dash fascia from a fellow member on here. Cut that up with my mates Dremel so the head unit would fit where the original radio goes. Wired it all up and looked all good. Upon driving my missus home that night, I realised my interior cluster lights no longer work :P So I've just avoided night driving since then! I'll fix it sometime soon seeing as I'm on holidays and don't have much to do anyhow.

I'm running my Alpine head unit off of the 30 yr old stock speakers because I don't want to ruin my parcel shelf! I will replace them soon, but not yet. I can't have the volume above 15 before it starts to distort, but it's still pretty loud for a little car. I'm surprised how clear they are, but they COULD be clearer :P

I also dodgied up a centre console to suit the altered shifter position since it has a KE70 shifter position, but I didn't take enough off it and will alter it again or remove it till after I put in my W50 Celica steelcase box.

Pics are coming, I've just been lazy!

Cheers, Jake.

Sounds good, though putting a 4k head on a 5k would increase the compression, not decompress it?

Edit: I read somewhere that 4k heads don't fit on 5ks anyway

But yeah, would boring out the cylinders decompress it enough do you reckon? Or at all?

No bigger bore will give higher static compresion.

There is two variants of 4k head. Small and large camber ones. Sorry Jake but have been sooo busy trying to find a job so I'll shoot you some picks tomoz. Had mine out last night, now seeing as I'll be unemployed in three weeks I'm in two minds to do turbo setup or keep it blown. And it's still heaps of fun. Still going to build a motor but probably not as nasty. But it's all still up in the air so it still might happen.

Stu.

No bigger bore will give higher static compresion.

There is two variants of 4k head. Small and large camber ones. Sorry Jake but have been sooo busy trying to find a job so I'll shoot you some picks tomoz. Had mine out last night, now seeing as I'll be unemployed in three weeks I'm in two minds to do turbo setup or keep it blown. And it's still heaps of fun. Still going to build a motor but probably not as nasty. But it's all still up in the air so it still might happen.

Stu.

That sucks Stu, all good about the pics. I think I've found the large chamber head anyways. Hope you land on your feet with these job problems. I still say build the big nasty 5k then we'll race/ compare etc :P

Cheers, Jake.

Found out why my cluster lights shat themselves, blew the fuse. So, I was driving with no tail lights too LOL! Lucky I only drove at night like 3 times and short distances :P

My mate had a spare fuse lying around so we replaced it. I also replaced my Speedo Assembly with a Speedo Assembly out of the wreck at Pick-A-Part and now works a treat. After I fitted that, my mate got thinking "LEDS" and decided to change my cluster globes to LEDS of the blue nature and now my cluster looks all sexual in BLUE! I also fitted the uncracked dash pad I managed to get from Pick-A-Part as well. I've managed to source myself a 7K EFI kit so no longer going with the Carby planned setup. HEFTY Price though :P

That's all for today, I might have something towards the engine work taking place soon, the more exciting end of a build project.

Cheers, Jake.

Edited by mhmills

That sucks Stu, all good about the pics. I think I've found the large chamber head anyways. Hope you land on your feet with these job problems. I still say build the big nasty 5k then we'll race/ compare etc :P

Cheers, Jake.

Haha Calder park for sure or even a Phillip island sprint day!! Ain't gunna get near you at a short course or hillclimb. "got any lag?"someone asks your reply would be "lag, what's that?". Don't stress bout my setup it's still gunna be sick it's just gunna take a little longer. Oh and I won't be going stupid just yet on stuff like polished comp cover and alloy rad etc. Oh yeah good to here you gone efi what ecu are you getting?

Stu.

Haha Calder park for sure or even a Phillip island sprint day!! Ain't gunna get near you at a short course or hillclimb. "got any lag?"someone asks your reply would be "lag, what's that?". Don't stress bout my setup it's still gunna be sick it's just gunna take a little longer. Oh and I won't be going stupid just yet on stuff like polished comp cover and alloy rad etc. Oh yeah good to here you gone efi what ecu are you getting?

Stu.

The kit I'm buying is coming with the 7K one, but I will probably change it later on to a Megasquirt v3, I think, OR a Wolf 3d. I dunno a great deal about ECU's :P

You coming kebab night?

The kit I'm buying is coming with the 7K one, but I will probably change it later on to a Megasquirt v3, I think, OR a Wolf 3d. I dunno a great deal about ECU's :P

You coming kebab night?

Ha the 7k ecu will have a heart attack with boost.lol. THE best advice I've ever been given about cars is "find a tuner your happy with and ask what they'd like to tune". Saved me a massive amount of heart ache. I looked into the the both those ecu's and a fair few more when I originally boosted mine. Not many tune shops like tunning the megasquirt down south. I've had a couple of mates with wolfs have software issues BUT they are really good to deal with and were fixed that day and they are in Vic so no postage etc. I'm a massive fan of haltech awesome after sales service and you can get a new sprint 500 for about $1000.

I'm not sure about kebab night got a ktm200 to put together for tomoz so if I get it done I'll be up. Are you coming on the fully hectik rota cruise on Sunday?

Stu.

So I picked up a new toy on Monday, which I was wrapped about. :D

7K EFI! Not looking forward to working out where all the loom goes, but I can't imagine it being THAT hard... I hope... On another matter, I will more then likely have to run my turbo manifold upside down seeing as the flange is too close to the throttle hence not allowing for room to fit the T28.

Also decided to pull my finger out and go buy a Dremel, my mate was sick of me always calling him to use it seeing as he wouldn't lend it to me :P

Cheers, Jake.

post-11811-039584400 1301472450_thumb.jpg

post-11811-048468800 1301472508_thumb.jpg

post-11811-035751600 1301472528_thumb.jpg

post-11811-015959400 1301472549_thumb.jpg

I personally wouldn't waist my time with wiring the 7k ecu, they won't recognize boost therefore running lean under boost.

One question I have is are you going to turn the blower off once you've reached desired boost pressure from the turbo?

I'll probably have a choice of two heads for you mate cause I've got a spare head in the shop at the moment. So I'll also have the one off the car aswell.

Stu.