Guard Rolling,Flaring

john84ie

Members dont see this ad

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/29887-tech-articlehow-to-flare-front-guards/

Try that link, it'll give some good ideas on how to do it.

What kind of car? Location?

Do you want to really flare them out or just roll the lip?

There are a lot of articles on multiple websites about this topic so a good google should help also.

Give us some specifics and hopefully we can be of more assistance.

Cheers.

Reed

Might pay to try a panel shop then.

Or give some information on the kind of car and your location.

The fact its a panel van and it 'probably' needs flaring doesn't help.

Post some pictures of how much the wheels stick out and your budget.

Its hard to help with next to no information.

its a ke70 panel van,yes it needs flaring.the back wheels stick out loads..i dropped the front today on its assand theres about 5mm between arch and tyre,i have 8j-14 on the front..i'll get pics 2morow.

anyway i was just askin if theres anyone in act thats handy at flaring guards or knows anybody?

Ok that will help.

How far outside the guards do you expect the rears to stick out?

To be legal the wheels MUST be inside the guards. Are you worried about 'legal'?

There is only so far you can go with lipping and flaring a guard before serious mods will have to be done, most of which will ruin your 'overrated' cars guards.

Some will cut and weld front guard flares to the rear, others will bolt on fibre glass flares.

There are many different solutions.:hmm:

Saw this on the way back to the office the other day.

IMAG0190.jpg

How far do you want to go with mods? Are you willing to ruin paint and have to respray?

Do you want a RC member to say they'll do it for 'super cheap'?

Throw some DETAILED pics up of how it sits and what you want to achieve. :y:

not worried bot legal really,if you seen the way it sits at the minute and I'm driving it!no bolt ons for me either!I'm not looking for a super cheap job either dude,just looking for someone in the act who has done this who can have a look and see what i can get away with really!not to worried if it would need paint,would leave it in primer for awile or quick spray of a can as i wouldnt have the spare money for a paint job at the minute..would good to see how far a lip a small flair would go

John, I have 15x8 -4 with 10mm longer lcas, which puts the wheel roughly where your fronts sit.

Fronts are easy to roll/pull, with a 195/50 most of the tyre is inside the guard. I have stretched the guard while retaining the 'square' edge, and the paint (at least on the outer) is fine.

Looks like the pano rear will be easier than sedan, as sedans have a seam down the center, and as you stretch the guard the spot welds pull out! But really I think you should get new arches welded on the rear to fit those wheels, or someone talented with an oxy

blzbub: Love that wagon hey! He has a thread on 86dc if you havent seen it yet

Edited by KENut

damn those rear wheels are massive.

what you might need to do...is get another panel van, cut it straight down the centre, and weld each half to the side of your current van!!!

nah in all serious ness, thats going to take alot of work.

common method for quite extreme wheel fitting is getting some old guards and welding them onto the outside of the car, and bogging/glassing to fit. in your case you might be better off with proper over fenders like on that green car up there.