Pozman'S Ke55 Hard Top

pozman

yeah looking at computers now stu, got to suss something out soon

got a few things done on the weekend (was long weekend and finally wasnt working all of it lol)

got my new second hand tyres fitted, stretched like a bitch, not very confident in there grip yet but maybe they'll run in a bit

post-1114-0-82152600-1320221680_thumb.jpg

been working on ideas with this engine and its over efficient oil pump, they have a habit of filling the head with oil and running the bottom end dry if held in high revs, not good for me considering it have no mercy and will be 8500rpm limiter

so my idea was instead of stuffing around with restrictors like the RB's (there doesn't seem to be any for the CA, and I'm not about to test something out) is making the oil drain faster

so there's this hole in the back of the head which had a welsh plug in there, it opens up into the valve spring cavity

post-1114-0-94766600-1320221846_thumb.jpg

in which ive grinded down a 1/2 brass fitting to fit in there

post-1114-0-06270100-1320221913_thumb.jpg

and all glued in there, if i had a lathe or was patient i would have done it so it was a press fit sort of thing, but I'm not, so epoxy will do

post-1114-0-44499200-1320221965_thumb.jpg

this way if the head starts to over fill with oil, i.e. the original drain holes aren't flowing enough, then opil should rise up and drain out this fitting, which will have a hose to a return in the sump

fuel rain also needed some work, the original mounts just weren't going to work any more, and the feed line fouled on the #1 throttle body

so i removed all the ugly old mounts and feed line and made these mounts, I'm going to run a speed flow fitting in the front end for supply fuel, i just need to make the trip to get them

happy with the way it will turn out, needs a coat of paint yet tho

post-1114-0-29370000-1320222374_thumb.jpg

started making the new wiring loom, just working on the bits i can without being in the car, so all the injector and cas and temp senors stuff

post-1114-0-07372600-1320222466_thumb.jpg

Members dont see this ad

ran out of picture rooms

this is with the loom on the motor, fairly happy with how neat it cam up

post-1114-0-49055000-1320222880_thumb.jpg

and from the front, neat is hard, i hope i can keep it up for the rest of the loom

post-1114-0-09349600-1320222951_thumb.jpg

that's in for now

paul

Edited by pozman

hahaha cheers guys, yeah ma can't wait, will be putting the quads on the new motor first, need to get a base tune sorted before in can run the cams in

running a new motor in and trying to tune it at the same time would be disastrous

paul

only small update for tonight, hit the piss way too hard last night, today was written off sadly (i hate wasted days)

made a trip to speedpro on Friday night and bought a shite load of speed flow fittings and weld on's so i was able finish off the fuel rail and started working on the the vacuum reservoir,will get pics of it up when its done

fuel rail done

post-1114-0-77003000-1320493855_thumb.jpg

i love speed flow fittings

post-1114-0-19704100-1320493181_thumb.jpg

paul

• 2 weeks later...

alright, little later than promised, but here it is

this is the vacuum canister, there is a line from every intake runner, one to the booster and there will be one for the ecu, the silver thing in the end is the idle control valve, its off a n14 pulsar, nice a simple and small, two idle up valves and an idle adjust screw

the two idle valves should be good cos i have three different combos to try to get my idle up right, (one on, the other on, or both on)

post-1114-0-97684300-1321440904_thumb.jpg

speedflow fittings again hahah

post-1114-0-45278500-1321441130_thumb.jpg

on another note, been nominated for rcoty, awesome :dance:

Edited by pozman

• 1 month later...

hi guys, been a while since ive posted, or had any progress sadly, bought a dirt bike so that's been taking alot of my time

Christmas holidays came up and i thought it would be a great time to start doing some much needed work

made a bracket to mount the ls2 coils on

post-1114-0-09216600-1326540204_thumb.jpg

so i thought it might be good time to replace the starter motor as is been dicking up something fierce, like starting to get really hard to start because of it, not to mention embarrassing

considering the manifold had to come off to get the starter out, may as well get the quads on to aye

top of manifold off

post-1114-0-94986000-1326540581_thumb.jpg

bottom half off

post-1114-0-63076900-1326540670_thumb.jpg

and quads on, shit yeah

post-1114-0-91794900-1326540873_thumb.jpg

post-1114-0-41270400-1326540765_thumb.jpg

sorry havent got that many pics at the moment, will try to get some tomorrow

just about all the looms done, just needs some tidying up, didnt want to finish it all off before i knew it ran

first tried to start it late last week, had some issues, one had the fuel lines hooked up the wrong way, sadly took a while to figure out that one :bash:

then when got the fuel lines worked out, the fuel rail leaked around where i welded the an fitting in the end, i didnt realise it was leaking until i tried to star the the car and it back fired, causing the leaking fuel to catch fire F#@k!!!!!!

jumped out the car in massive panic, trying to figure out where the closest fire extinguisher was while trying to blow the fire out like a candle, lucky enough commitment with the blowing and it went out

pulled that off and re welded the leaking bit, installed, no leaks, still no start

left it for a while, broke my foot, left it longer

did a fair bit of playing with settings and stuff in the haltech of the last couple of days and finally got it running today

it only starts and idles at the moment, working on getting it to rev, there no good base maps for this thing so ive had to make my own maps, not easy, and

there is a vid, I'm uploading as I'm typing this, will post it as soon as it come up

paul

This thing is going to be EPIC!!! Paid "Hopalong" Paul a visit today. Was idling perfect until we started playing with base timing.lol.

Had perfect A/R's at idle and you could rest a beer on the top of the engine and it not shake it up.

Stu.