Manual Not Manuel .... Please!

Liam

ke70dave... <---- ol' fart like me!!

I can't stand TV, it is airhead drivel for dumb people and worst of all, its not interactive! You have to sit there like a dummy while they lecture you, as bad as primary school. I read the online newspapers where you can add comments, and often there is more coment and insight from the people writing in than any journalist seems to be able to manage these days. I notice they usually DON'T have comments on an article about a politician... funny that, we're not allowed to tell them what we think!

If we lose the internet it will be a great crash in the rate of education/information sharing of the civilised world.

haha I'm only 23! i don't consider that an old fart!! though some might..... :glare:

agreed with the TV comments. lets not start on advertisements.

i reckon for every 1hr of TV you watch, you lose 1 point of IQ. and if its the news, its up to about 3 IQ points/hour.

I'm always having arguements with my parents that the using a computer (games, surfing the net, whatever) is "better" than planting your butt in front of a TV, purely due to its interactiveness. you can read what you want, search what you want, follow the links that you want.

TV....no interaction what so ever.

Members dont see this ad

I hate spelling mistakes as much as Redwarf but I usually just bite my tongue....

I particularly hate some of the gaffes that you read in the paper and hear on the news; it's certainly on the rise and when a "Journalist" can't use the language correct, surely that reflects problems with how we educate people?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkeFHT96TUA

TV....no interaction what so ever.

What do you mean "no interaction" ???

I threw the toilet remote at the tv the other day. Thankfully it didn't have the nunchuck connected otherwise it would have hit me as well.

I enjoy playing tennis on the Wii and being able to throw the racket and scream at the umpire just like John McEnroe.

But all in all the english language is the second most hardest language to learn, speak and write. Latin is the hardest

Omnes homines dignitate et iure liberi et pares nas&#647;~~&#596;ur,

rationis et conscientiae participes sunt,

quibus inter se concordiae studio est agendum.

Figure that out and your doing pretty good.

Which is why its classed as a "dead language" but quite a few words of latin are used in the english language - eg: camera

I threw the toilet remote at the tv the other day. Thankfully it didn't have the nunchuck connected otherwise it would have hit me as well.

I enjoy playing tennis on the Wii and being able to throw the racket and scream at the umpire just like John McEnroe.

But all in all the english language is the second most hardest language to learn, speak and write. Latin is the hardest

Figure that out and your doing pretty good.

Which is why its classed as a "dead language" but quite a few words of latin are used in the english language - eg: camera

=

All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.

Truer words never written. I think that's something we could do with a bit more of these days. :y:

Edited by Liam

i was more refering to TV as in commercial TV channells, ch 7, 9, 10, ABC, SBS, go, one....man there are a few now.

i too do enjoy a good video game session.

Alloy does not mean Aluminium people. Jesus.

Steel is an alloy (of iron).

Bronze (copper), Brass (also copper), Gunmetal (copper again), Grey and White Cast Iron are all alloys. There are many more.

Aluminium is not an alloy. Aluminium alloy is an alloy... surprise.

so when you say it's made of Alloy.... WHAT alloy?

Edited by philbey