Historic Motor Racing Groug Ncke10

anteKE

Hi Folks

I am building a group NKE10 Corolla. Is anyone else out there doing this? I would appreciate any help regarding parts, engine building etc etc. I am based on the Mid North Coast of NSW. I am interested in old school stuff, as I am pretty much old school myself. Life begins at 64!

anteke

Members dont see this ad

Clearly a pretty competitive category. :laff:

I expect someone will give you a total of 1% of their accumulated knowledge soon.....

G'day Parrot Thanks for the response. The 1% you mentioned could only enhance the 1% I've worked out for myself. What I have accumalated is aKE10 in pieces a second KE10 [was rgo'd] 4@3k motors ,2@4 spd g/box's plus various performance parts webers plus manifold etc.

Send a message to Ranko87. I know he was running a KE20 in this spec for a bit.

I can't help you with the round'n'roundy stuff unfortunately. I'm a forest boy. :)

By the way, Motorsport is a disease, the only cure is poverty. :D

Edited by Redwarf

Have a look at this thread for a link to the Tosco (sort of an early TRD) K engine build manual.

As always with these things of course, you will need to examine the regulations for your category as to what is permitted.

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/23872-trd-k-engine-manual/page__p__276730__hl__tosco__fromsearch__1#entry276730

G'day Jimi Thanks. a million for the u-tube vid, fantastic,very inspiring ,sounds awesome,love the close ratio g/box. I have a few old race photos 1970's vintage I,ll post when i find 'em. THANKS AGAIN MATE REGARDS ANTEKE

Thats ok mate i love the sound of it it doesnt help with drivlin that much but it has a upright kit, webbers, close box like u said and prob heaps of engine work idk what brake upgrades they would have done but id say they would cool the brakes somehow hmmm :hmm: hope ya can build one sweet old skool ride :lolcry:

dibs first ride lol :happy:

see ya

jimi

anteKE I've always thought a ke1x group nc car would be a good fun thing to run. Brian Sampson(not sure of the other drivers name) won the class at Bathurst in a ke10(think it was called the "excitement machine"). From what I've been able to dig up about the car from the guy who made the manifolds for it. That it was an uprighted and dry sumped "k" motor that made in the vacinity of 130odd hp.

What sort of freedoms do you have with suspension and brakes? Pretty sure as I have a master cylinder from one that ke1x were available with disk front end which could be

used in your favour.

Stu.

There used to be a couple of KE10/15's that ran in the street car class at Mallala SA. Dunno what specs but it might be a lead to track down for information.

Brian Sampson(not sure of the other drivers name) won the class at Bathurst in a ke10(think it was called the "excitement machine"). From what I've been able to dig up about the car from the guy who made the manifolds for it. That it was an uprighted and dry sumped "k" motor that made in the vacinity of 130odd hp.

Bob Morris was the other driver. KE10's won their class in '68 amd '69. As it was run under series production rules, I'd doubt if it was dry sumped and uprighted but I could be wrong as some strange things got allowed back then..... :hmm:

Like all your cars gav is!!!!! well just so dam good looking :D wish my engine bay look that good :sob:

Like any class of racing its best to do as much research as you can.

go to a club meeting and or race meeting and see what other poeple are doing.

:cool: |blink|

anteKE I've always thought a ke1x group nc car would be a good fun thing to run. Brian Sampson(not sure of the other drivers name) won the class at Bathurst in a ke10(think it was called the "excitement machine"). From what I've been able to dig up about the car from the guy who made the manifolds for it. That it was an uprighted and dry sumped "k" motor that made in the vacinity of 130odd hp.

What sort of freedoms do you have with suspension and brakes? Pretty sure as I have a master cylinder from one that ke1x were available with disk front end which could be

used in your favour.

Stu.

Hi Stu

Thanks for your interest. I tracked Brian Sampson down,he is the owner of SPECO speed equipment in Vic, very interesting bloke, yeah he did win his class in a KEX , he ran Corona's ,Celica's & lots of other cars at Bathurst . He co drove Brocky mid 80's,they won outright!.Ive arranged to meet him at the phillip island historic meeting at the end of the month,he's still racing at 75! Talk again soon anteKE PS anyone else going to Phillip Island? 18/19/20 MARCH

My KE17 is basically Nc spec less the 7K and 5 Speed.

G'day Gav Mate, what a machine! I got a real bad case of car envy. Seriously though I can appreciate the extremly high standard of workmanship,and preparation that goes into a car like that. FANTASTIC!

All the best anteKE(doug) PS what type of diff r u using? ie JAP?/BW,is it a slippery?.Where do I find a set of C/R gears?????????