Historic Motor Racing Groug Ncke10

anteKE

You guys might be interested in this

http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/tabid/65/p/1/k/corolla/id/5212/Default.aspx

ex-john Pollard sports sedan.. i did a google image search and it showed me a picture from the 70's of what might be the same car.

Running a 4age now, so its stepped away from its original spec, but i imagine it would be a great thing to own!

• 1 month later...
Members dont see this ad

i've started an article on the KE17 we are building for Group Nc. see here http://www.roadandtrack.net.au/

if the lcoal convenor wants to organise a group/day run, we would be happy to put on a show & tell.

http://www.roadandtrack.net.au/index.php?view=article&catid=45:general&id=156:ke17-sprinter-race-car&format=pdf

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This is an article from Racing Car News in 1969. Road test of the AMI KE10 Improved production car

AMI corolla test.pdf

Also found a report in another racing car news that notes that AMI lost their appeal to the Aust Motor Sport Appeals Court over the 67 Bathurst result on the grounds, "that work done on the inlet manifolding of these cars was not a normal production process". That is a direct quote from the Appeals Court.

The magazine goes on to say that it was a decision which met with widespread approval from enthusiasts who feared for the future of this great event......

Little did they know how things would evolve over time.

Additionally, one of the guys at CAMS sent my enquiry on to one of the AMI factory drivers of the time. He was overseas and missed the 67 Gallaher. He notes that, "I have no official documentation but can remember quite clearly the stories when I came back to Australia. The Corollas scored a resounding victory over the enemy (the Datsun Racing Team), only to be disqualified in post-race scrutineering. It seems the wrong jets were fitted to the carburettors and outside the legal tolerances, and the sizes were different on all team cars. I understand the scrutineers then measured the jets on a road car and found them to be also different. The conclusion drawn by the management of Australian Motor Industries was the Japanese used a piece of bamboo to measure the jets! During a social function at Port Melbourne in 1968 the Australians had laughed off the disappointment and were joking about what happened, whereas the little Japanese engineer who was responsible for the cars' preparation was still suffering serious guilt. The cultural difference was very noticable!

1968 was another year, and the AMI Racing Team Corollas made up for the errors of the previous year in fine style."

Edited by parrot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

Official update

Yeah still kicking,   race car is  still in 1000 pieces ,i've also got an MX5(in one piece) an ready to race, but I am really keen to get the ke10 mobile, nothing quiet like bringing an old rusty pile of nuts n 'bolts back to life , very rewarding  I had better hurry up though ivé just turned 70,oh shit!

''                                                            '' .never to ol' to rock n' roll ,but always to young to die''

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
  • 1 year later...