Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

Members dont see this ad

Hey guys bit of a update. I finished putting all my new dash and what not in. Trimmed the carpet to fit, it's looking pretty fresh just need to do a roof lining some how now. Here's what it looks like.

8c4a2aa4.jpg

b4b5486d.jpgabe6b8eb.jpg

29ed258d.jpg

sorry for bad pictures.

Also called the best diff place in Adelaide. Didnt under stand what a locker was. They said if it's welded it's going to coat $845 to fix I do believe that sedan and panel van diffs are diffrent right?

Thanks guys keep tuned

Edited by iwontarolla

Certain diff centres wont fit though, the leaf sprung vans has the jap s series while the sedans and local wagons had aussie borgwarner diffs fitted.

A few options.

1, Source a wagon rear diff from a ke70 or ae71, they will be a borg warner and should mount up easily enough.

Or

2, Look specifically for a flat front se spec ke70 sedan as it will have a factory s series centre. My original se ke70 had this fitted which I found suss however over time identical cars in wreckers or carparks have had this same diff fitted. :y:

"bit of panel damage to the left hand well quite a bit, are they the same from sedan to the panel van?"

A standard KE70 sedan either slant or flat front will have different guards, but I'm fairly sure T18 or the DX(I think?) model of KE70 guards are the same. Maybe someone else on here will be able to confirm this.

Okay thanks overrated ke70 I'll do some research and hunt around

Bit of a update finished off the inside no need really for pictures. Hopefully getting another pair of rims to suit the front tomorrow. And does any one know if air horns are legal?

"bit of panel damage to the left hand well quite a bit, are they the same from sedan to the panel van?"

A standard KE70 sedan either slant or flat front will have different guards, but I'm fairly sure T18 or the DX(I think?) model of KE70 guards are the same. Maybe someone else on here will be able to confirm this.

With the standard ke70 guards, they should bolt on easily enough.

T-18 guards will fit but there will be two issues from th top of my head.

1, The top corner of the guard where it meets with the door and a pillar will

have a different profile, due to the different doors on the T-18

2, T-18 guards have a different pressing in the guard which is lower and is where it accomodates the rubstrip. :y:

Heres a quick reference. Flat front is the best match for the van.

zguards.jpg

Edited by "The Mint KE70"

What cars why there? Because the lights are diffrent on the corners

The white ke70 is mine, and the panelvan belongs to mate/RC forum member Paul.

Its to show you how the cut outs where the top of the doors meet the guards are the same

on the sedan or panelvan guards, Along with factroy stampings for bodylines etc.

Yes the parkers, headlights, grille, bonnet, front bumperbar and scuttle panel are different. Between the two.

If you have all the parts though, it should be easy to change over :y:

Edited by "The Mint KE70"