Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad

No big updates really, i got new number plates thats the biggest update. The other night my head unit was playing up, losing power then coming back on. i then notices my dash lights went out, i've checked all the globes and can't seem to find any thing wrong. any one got ideas? I'm going to start tig welding a few things up, going to finish my washer bottle then start on a under car surge tank. also as my thermo face is just attached to my radiator and it pulls nothing through, I'm going to make a stainless steel shroud to pull more air through.

I'm also doing an oil change on Tuesday, i have some random oil from our old falcon(was new not recycled). ill reset valve tappets if they need to be done as well, thinking about up grading valve springs as well some time soon. i also need new front tires after 1500k's due to a bad wheel alignment I'm guessing, they are at the point of being slicks. i have also used quite a lot of oil, I'm a kinda worried about it. there doesn't seem to be any huge oil leaks, its not boiling blue smoke. so if I'm aloud to will do a compression test tomorrow to see what the rings are like. i might end up rebuilding it any way, or will start building a new motor for it.

few pictures how it stands at the moment. I'm also thinking i need a badge on the grill to brake it up a bit, thinking a levin badge but don't know how gay it will look.

461d3f10.jpg

this has happened in 4 weeks and i havent even been driving hard.

55d8eef3.jpg

needs more low i recon.

0a16fea7-1.jpg

if any one comes across an early series t series 2 way lsd please let me know.

thanks chris

Okay, today i did a oil and filter change, replaced with nulon 20w50 high k's oil. Oil filter is replaced with a genuine toyota filter. Also did spark plugs and a compression test, got 130 psi over all 4, don't know how good the pressure is but it's constant atleast. it needs a tune spark plugs were rooted.

33ad3c21.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

where you in the yellow ke?

where about's you live just need to take it to the cop shop and get it off. but its now given me the idea of taking it off the road again and going bigger and better. i have just over a year untill i have my full licence and i can drive turbos and all that. i think ill take it of the road get it painted and do a engine conversion. ive had my fun for the last month sliding and thrashing this thing. it will also save my licence most likey, meaning i can drive better cars. even if its done before i can drive it on the road i can always track it so back to my daily.