Herbert The Panel Van

iwontarolla

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hey guys havent updated here for a while. i have now filled the diff,bleed the brakes and little things like that to make it move. i then found out the front seal on the diff was gone. so i pulled that apart and fixed the seal.I'm thinking about making a fan shroud for my electric fan that i have. its currently just put in to the radiator. i was thinking of making a foam mold then fiberglassing the mold. does any one see any problems with this? i was thinking some thing along these lines. its a very quick drawing but its just to show my idea of it.fan.jpg

also since i can get it out the shed i have started doing the body work. done some small spots on the hatch. and then tonight moved it out on the gravel and spent an hour or two sanding all the bog out off the car with a flapper wheel on it. also started on knocking out one of the dents.

e725644c.jpg

c1c98c12.jpg

31e0c5aa.jpg

fe68a2da.jpg

19e57607.jpg

f0252dad.jpg

099b9531.jpg

what is the easyist way to fix this rust?

840f34b0.jpg

cheers guys

• 3 weeks later...

okay haven't updated in awhile. been working on the body. its getting there i guess still need to work on it a bit more. i get my P's in a month but if the body work isnt done by then ill just do it when its on the road. looking in to purchasing some performance hurricanes off AJPS. hopefully in the next 2 weeks would be great. its not that far off being on the road really things to be done are.

-exhaust(don't know if i should take it to some one to get it done or do it my self got every thing to do it)

-brake pads and discs either machined or new ones

-front end to be done and put back on

-rims and tires

-fixes seats

-steering wheel

-install central locking and immobilizer/alarm

-change door lock barrels

-fix back door lock( any one know how the back lock works and how to fix it?)

thats all i can think of for now. heres some photos of how it is right now

e78cbe37.jpg

77a9077f.jpg

f06b8c98.jpg

this is fair fu*cked does any one have one they wanna sell?

8fd01600.jpg

cheers chris

got in to fixing my seats tonight, the band underneath was split through the rubber. so the good old cable ties came in to play.

922748e9.jpg

punched holes through the rubber where its melted in to the mesh

52854bf8.jpg

laced it with some half decent sized cable ties

63366b47.jpg

pushed down and pulled tight, sat it in the car and made sure it was tight enough

b75f3bbd.jpg

cut them to clean it up, reinstalled in to the car and felt as good as new and cost like 5 bucks. now to do the drives seat

cheers chris

Edited by iwontarolla

• 2 weeks later...

okay so i picked these bad boys up today. hurricanes 14x8 -10 they are bigger then i thought they where going to be but not by that much. they poke out by 20-25mm so if any ones got tips on doing the guards it would be alot of help.

9ce89713.jpg

8f60cc01.jpg

they look amazing just have to make them fit now

cheers guys