'67 Ke10

Jono.C

Members dont see this ad

So it's been a big weekend.

Sanded the whole car down and got out as much little pieces of rust as i could before putting it into protective primer.

Still so so so much bodywork to do. Everytime i look i see another dent or another spot of rust.

Come to the conclusion the bonnet and passenger side front guard are beyond repair.

Also got around to cleaning up the 4kc, modded an aircleaner to fit as well as chucking on a better rocker cover, adjusting the timing and idle.

post-9662-071755600 1299397860_thumb.jpg

Stripped out the carpet and seats to find a hole in the floor :( as well as the ke20 seats being mounted in the most amazingly shonkey way.

That's all for now.

Jono

Edited by Jono.C

What makes you come to the conclusion that the bonnet and guards are beyond repair.

The bonnets on just about every KE1X crack at the hinge from the hinges ceasing and some rust out on the front lip. Guards rust out at the bottom but are defiantly fixable. Looks good so far, get some more pictures happening though :)

The bonnets bent and torn and warped, you'd never get it straight, it's had the bonnet slammed with something under it. And the guards warped and rippled and torn, it's out of shape in about 11 places, i've sourced better condition one's so i'll just grab 'em ;)

Jono

Love the army idea as a theme however promise me one thing... Don't put the American jazz on the side. If your going to do something like that have you considered the Australian Roundel with the kangaroo in the middle?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

The green looks pretty cool BUT....

*opinion warning*

the military theme is amazingly stupid. Sorry couldn't help myself.

If it were a 40's WLA harley, or a Chevy Blitz, yeh shure hook it up.

But it was a jap car built in the 60's, about the only correlation between it and the US military is the Little Boy's background radiation....

Edited by philbey

Cheers for the honesty.

I personally like that style so that's what i'm going for, but if i spray and it and don't like it (quite possible) i'll spray it bland white or something similar.

There's no real variety with most ke10's, I want to do something different.

Cheers

Cheers, exactly!

I have nothing against a stock restored ke10, or a done up ke10 of any sorts as long as it's decent.

But i like to do things different.

I'm my biggest crittic, so if i don't like it, it wont be finished until i do.

Cheers