Ke38 Van For My Daughter

teza40

Well the ke38 finally went for a safety inspection today.....no go for rego at this stage..

Have found out, disc rotors are undersize,left seat belt frayed to badly,idler arm and pitman arm worn,rear gearbox mount needs replacing along with shackle bushes in leaf springs.

Indicators not self cancelling out An oil leak somewhere (pretty sure from oil filter),speedo for some reason wasnt working also....

Along with needing to drill an tap a fitting into the inlet manifold for vaccuum to the auto kick down module/diaphram...they sure don't shift gears these traumatics (GMH trimatic) without it...

So in all,not ready yet for the road..but considering none of those items got my attention due to time and dollar factor.....I'm happy that they are the only things stopping it from rego...they are after all mainly safety items...

Cheers

Teza

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

All things required to be replaced or fixed......DONE!...

TA DA....passed safety inspection this morning :)

Now waiting on the word that another trimatic is out of a car,then drive to Maryborough to pick it.....change auto`s...cross fingers tight...then go get new registration n plates...

Cheers

Terry

post-2215-0-42096900-1362968392_thumb.jpg

Road Trip done,

A big thankyou to Bruce for all his help with the Trimatic i bought from him...top bloke.

Had nice hassle free drive from strathpine to maryborough and will get crackin this saturday....Again out with the motor/box from the ke38...do the swap over and fingers crossed all is sweet...

If so rego n new plates real soon....

Cheers

Teza40

Thats great to hear terry, hopefully all sorted after this weekend?! Are you going to get a chance to drive this thing before handing over to emma?? ;)

Thankyou Matty, yes fingers are crossed for a good outcome.If it is all good will be rego early in the week and yes i will drive it for a few days along with a drive to southside of Brissy to hand it too Emma.

Tho I'm thinking i will be slightly dissapointed in it with the auto behind it,was a fun car to drive with the 5 speed...oh well..will just be glad when all is right with it and Emma can enjoy her car..... :)

Cheers

Edited by teza40

Man I'd like to see this thing in the flesh once it's up and running. Are you or Emma involved in the odd cruise?

Thankyou, apart from it needing about 2 litres more of wild violet over it ( to even it out) and clear coat n cut/polish.It looks ok for a daily driver !

Will have too keep an eye out on up coming cruises and twist Emma`s arm to get along to one i think, first outing i hope will be the panel van nationals this easter at Caboolture show grounds ( easter sunday for the show day i think)

Cheers

WITH A REBEL YELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boooooyaaaaahhhhh corolla finally has an auto in it that does what it should...shift from 1st to 2nd to 3rd....

Started the job just before 11am road test by 5.45pm today....frustrating loss of time due to changing starter motors after i got motor n box back in and all ready to fire up, it was just clicking on the starter and frying the positive terminal....so swapped starters and same deal...Hhhmmmmm so backed off the bell housing bolts and starter motor bolts.

Hit the key again and she fired up,still scratchin my head on that one,as i did them back up and the problem came back....along with a bit of time to set up the shifter again so all works right...ie reverse lights and safety switch..

Took on two road test and box shifts 1st to 2nd at approx 25 km/h, 2nd to 3rd at approx 50-55 km/h (that depends also if your up it a bit lol).Kickdown.....mmmmm sluggish,but manual shift back to 2nd from drive is ok..

So just a few little thing i want to do under the bonnet on sunday....check everything over also and monday morning it`s REGO TIME :)

Cheers.

Teza40

Drum roll...............................KE38 panelvan.....is ....... Registered.... :)

Time for me to enjoy the fruits of my labour,drive it for the week before handing it toEmma..

What a journey it has been.........thankyou all for watching the progress..and to all good luck with your projects.

There is nearly no better feeling of satisfaction than when your project or pride of joy is done and registered :)

Regards

Terry