Colours

JamieT

Hey guys I've got a 82 ke70 in primer and I was just wondering what colours people like them in. I'm not rich so I can't afford Candy, Pearl, Metallic, even though I would probably kill a man for Candy red paint *DROOL*

So yeah what do you think?

Members dont see this ad

How good are you with the gun ?

Not very good ? Never done it before ? If you want the candies, pearls etc get a pro to do it. Metallic you might have a better chance of it.

Years ago when i was still getting around on all fours and the time of enamel paints only, my dad had a xt falcon. Dad and a mate painted it in two colours,a red top coat and a blue bottom coat i think from what he's told me about it was that they didn't spray the top coat (red) as thick as what the bottom coat (blue) was and in differing shades of light and shadow the paint came up in different shades of red/blue (bright light it was red and night time it was blue)

Its something i've been thinking of myself

I got gloss white on my ke70. first spray job I've done, came out really good, looks so neat.

Watch my build thread for some pics soon, still got to buff it up.

Got my paint from SuperShit , but its made by 3m :y: so its not shit.

$100-$80 for 4L

we did metalic blue on my ke70 a few yrs back. (the standard colour)

first go at spray paiting, came up alright. not perfect, but apparently there is no difference in technique between flat colours and metalic colours.

wasnt that expensive for the paint, 180 i think.

i think 80's cars look best in non metalic colours. you can't go wrong with white or beige. id like to try a primer grey one day, i reckon that could look cool too.

Got my paint from SuperShit , but its made by 3m :y: so its not shit.

$100-$80 for 4L

Its "K&H" not 3M. 3M bought out K&H around the second quarter of 2008 and started relabelling the products late last year as 3M. Its why at one stage you would have seen 3M mixed with K&H. But you might still find the old K&H brand in some shops, like where i use to work, cause their bunch of die-hards. Anything that had a hint of 3M was sent back....