My Ae92 Rolla Xd

ALiXoV3rDoS3

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see another 92 and still untouched , well firstly i recommend a BOSS setup wich stands for-[ bolt on steering setup]

they can be bought on ebay as a package with steering wheel for next to nothing from the states!

or any car shop!

they are easy to install and just make sure you line it up , and in all a 15 min setup!

secondly i really recommend a 4AGE sx smallport motor, you wont look back.

i have owned all the series and ever since i put a 4age in it's made me want to do more to my car and it never ends!

you can pick one up for about $1000 +- , make sure you get the whole package , wiring inside and engine loom, exhaust,alternator,starter,pretty much

all the engine parts as they all differ from the 4AFE and 4AFC, basically get a front-cut!

anysways there is heaps of things you could do ? all depends on how far you want to go!

• 3 months later...

God I've been away far too long.

I found some steering wheels down at Autopro! Amped to get one, they're pretty good looking and are the 'BOSS' ones above mentioned!

Also, FINALLY GOT MY F*CKING L's TODAY!!! Sorry, had to be said that way.

Yeah, I'll look into that engine, wasn't originally considering going that far, but I'm getting more and more into my Rolla.

Also, I need a short-term solution for my wheels.

I don't have much money to work with at the moment, but I am screaming to get rid of the Michelin hubcaps... They feel so cheap!

And I don't want more tacky hubcaps in that plastic chrome look. Any ideas suggestions?

God, I nearly just tear the hubcaps off and paint the hubs black.

Good score,as mentioned above the 4age would be the go engine wise. Just put one in my '83 corolla and loving it. Other thing i would recommend would be 2" lowered springs and some wheels. Will look real good then. Make sure it's had timing belt done or at least get it checked,don't want it to break. These things are pretty indetructable and perfect for first car. Have fun...

Paint the steel rims either satin or gloss black and put on a set of chrome 13" trim rings :y:

How much would Trim Rings cost roughly? I'm liking the sound of this idea ALOT.

-------------------------

I was thinking about the springs previously, good to have someone else suggest it. Also I'll make sure I get the timing belt done!

Good choice for an L plater car, they're easy to maneuver, are more forgiving than some other cars in handling terms and economical. And they're hardly cop bait if you keep this one through your P's. :fuzz:

If you plan to keep the car for a number of years, then a 4age conversion would not be a bad idea if you can get hold of the equipment required.

Here's a set of chrome trim rings, not sure if theres are the best or cheapest, just the first thing i saw http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Premium-Chrome-Wheel-Band-Trim-Ring-13-SET-4-/120734255527?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c1c5289a7

You might want to source a tacho dash later on, or if you're 100% on a 4age conversion, just get a dash from an AE93 (6 gauge cluster)

Cop Bait... Anything with a P plate ends up being cop bait here, haha. But maybe if I try and keep it low profile I can make it. Yeah, I've found it's been nice to me even when I've done something wrong. Still trying to get it all together.

I will definately consider the 4AGE conversion in time, but at the moment I'm not bringing in too much money and what not, so for now, the car is pretty much how I bought it... Actually... It's practically exactly how I bought it. #lazycareless

Thanks for that link, those ones look pretty good... I'll hunt around see if there's lower priced ones.

AE93 Dash... Will keep that in mind, I was a little surprised to find it didn't have a tacho... What would be the easiest option about fitting and wiring, seems as I'm not at all experienced with taking apart cars in any manner, or wiring cars.

Even if you get one from a CSi Limited, it will look identical only it will have the

tacho instead of the larger fuel and temp gauges.

Have a hunt around the wreckers and pull a set of 13" trims off, just make sure theyre

they have the round dish and are finished properly, some chrome can appear dull no matter

how well you polish it.

The beauty of painting the wheels black is that the absence of the centre caps wont be so

obvious and it will be a good contrast agains the chrome trims :y:

When I had my timing belt done in march, it was around the $250.00 mark.

More that one option, that's good :D Guess I'll have to check around the wreckers and what not and if there's more than 1, choose the one better fitted for me.

Yeah, I'm adoring the trim's the more I think about it, the more I like them!

Good to have a rough price idea for the belt.

Thanks for all the feedback guys, I'm so hopeless haha. Glad some people know what they're doing.

M-m-m-m-m-m-m-m-my Corolla (Sorry, had to) passed rego today! Not really exciting news... But good to know.

Decided there are NO trim rings locally... So online I go.

Need to get out to the wreckers here though and have a scavenge... Possibly find a new dash... Or replacement tailight... I uhno.

Will update when I get some news.

So Today, I made a trip out to T&A'a (The local wreckers) and had a quick waltz around looking for some parts.

I FOUND WHAT I WANTED! But, I gotta know if you guys think I'm getting ripped or not.

So, The guys at T&A's said:

$50 for the left tailight off of this 'Rolla

IMG_0981.jpg

...And, $80 for the tach dash out of a Holden Nova.

IMG_0991.jpg

I decided I'm not going to just jump out and buy them, but come back here first and ask honest opinions.

Also, smart idea to go buy the Service Manual for the 89-92 Corolla/Nova from Repco?

If it were $50.00 for the pair of lights that would be great. But for one unit thats a bit rich, hop on ebay and have a look around. Actually theres a site based in NSW car parts wreckers hack? anyway just google it and you should find what your after.

You should be in Melbourne, Pick a Part down here have tail lights on special this week $17.50 each! I was tempted to buy them but bought another csi hubcap instead :blush: And the number of tacho dashs were atleast 5 at a rough count.

With the tail light though, maybe offer the guy $25.00 and your series 1 light :hmm: He can only say no. That exhaust on the green hatch looks interesting :)

To me 80 is a fair bit for a gauge cluster, I'm guessing being an independant business

thay need to make some income so they price items to what they think its worth. Yoy

should come down to Melbourne, plenty of wreckers with these models an theyre cheap :)

Just keep looking, if something pops up i'll let you know :y: