Mumbleweed - Ra60 Celica - Full Respray..again

67Rolla-Ken

Thanks Garnett :)

I had a full photo shoot done and not one pic was able to show how much pearl is on this thing. Mick at Perth Smash Repair really outdid himself on this one!

I managed to remove the b-pillar trim from the donor car without damaging so once the new pillar badges arrive I can put them on.

Now I just need to figure out how to remove the bottom trim of the rear side windows and I'll swap them over.

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 year later...

So Mumbleweed had a bad day.

Last weekend we replaced the rad, water pump and thermostat. I wanted to change the hoses but the top hose doesn't exist and the bottom hose is listed wrong (this is with every parts place in WA...Toyota can order from Japan but that will take weeks and will probably still be wrong).

She overheated this morning and started to steam. I pulled over and turned her off, after a minute or so she dumped all her coolant. I was expecting one of the hoses to go so I wasn't overly surprised. I left her and got a cab into work.

After work I grabbed some emergency repair tape for the hose and got a lift back to her. We checked the hoses and they were fine. So we topped her up and started her. She's leaking from somewhere under the intake manifold and behind the oil filter but it's hard to see up there.

I limped her home with the radiator cap loose, she went ok, leaking but not too bad without pressure.

Does anyone know if there is a welsh plug under there on the 21R-C engine?? It's either a welsh plug or she's done!

• 3 years later...

Holy thread revival batman!

But a couple weeks ago, I bought a bright yellow Celica with ragged black stripes, unlicensed, from a young bloke in Sorrento. Same plates!

I've since taken her over the pits, but would love to work out the history between my purchase and your ownership. The cancer is, sadly, coming back, though I'll keep her garaged until I can fix that. Finding the paint code she's resprayed in will help me touch it up, too.

So 67Rolla-Ken, if you're interested in seeing the big girl again, don't mind catching up for a chat and providing a history lesson, let me know.

Cheers

Ash