Trev'S 84 Nissan 720 King Cab 2Wd

Trev

After having my bluebird several years ago and dad owning a few diesel 4x4 720's I have always wanted a king cab 2wd with an L series but have never came across one that appeals to me.

One of dad's friends passed away last Monday and dad had to go an pick up the cars he had at his house, I went to dads Friday night and he said that I should buy the ute (confused as I thought he meant his dual cab Triton 4x4) and he said no the Datsun, I look past the Triton and fell in love (this thing to me looks hot), dad has the bonnet up as he replaced the cap, rotor and points as the cap was broken and it wasn't running right (2 & 3 around the wrong way). So I got it going and look at the motor THIS THING HAS JUST BEEN REBUILT and still has it's first lot of clean oil in it, jump in it and drive it around the yard to find the 5 speed along with the clutch is beautiful and the brakes are enough to pull up an 18 wheeler (exaggeration but you get the idea).

Awesome parts:

f@$kING CHEAP.

Factory tacho dash.

Slide rear window.

Extractors.

Tonneau cover.

New carpet and really clean interior.

Tyres are around 85% and are mounted to sunraysias wheels.

Points to fix:

Replace one headlight (already have the light).

Replace air filter box.

Replace radiator.

Replace vacuum switch.

Fix drivers guard.

(The above parts are apparently from the son damaging the car after his dad died which is why the cap and rotor was broken)

Fix dent in passenger guard.

Repair rust hole in tray about 10c round.

New tail lights (maybe).

Things I would like to do:

Replace points dizzy with an electronic item from a bluebird.

Crystal or projector headlights.

Side draft carb for it (which is a maybe).

Pics:

7206.jpg

7205.jpg

7204.jpg

7203.jpg

7202.jpg

7201.jpg

Edited by Trev

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

One of my uncles had one of these brand spankers new... I remember it well... Tri-tone brown paint and all :)

Same colour hey, did it have a sunroof as I looked for pics to show the mrs the other night and this is one that I found:

post-1373-065424100 1300011342_thumb.jpg

lol bah its a ute with nice wheels, that makes it a minitruck...

(lol yes in being sarcastic.)

One thing I am doing is removing the centre caps, look better without them.

Not quite, needs MOAR unit stickers!

WTB: unit sticker, flat cap and lowering blocks :laff:

Don't forget your wifebeater singlet, flouro homo boardies and white sunnies... Remember you're trying to be an individual here

f@$k, knew I would forget something.

I cannot find any rust in this cab what so ever, kinda worried that it might not be a 720 after all :laff:

You can't forget the obligitory lip-piercing as well!! So far you've described about 75% of the guys I go to trade school with, except they can't afford a mini-truck so they drive bombodores :laff:

Its kinda got a longer shape than the usual 4x4 ute...I like it! :y:

Edited by carbonboy

well i was on my way home the other day and saw one like this but it was black and looked nice with all the chrome

but trev yours will look quite nice with some little mods to it

Many people have told me to go flat black, I could not push myself to do it, I will be removing the wheel centre caps and most likely lowering it a little bit thanks to phil-keto :D

Also some evil thoughts have been crossing my mind lately, have been thinking about buying a cam and sidedraft for the ute and having this as my toy and just building the 4agte and putting it into the auto seca when the mrs gets her P's.

sweet.

No rust, are you sure it's even a datsun?

these things are cool, not a column shift is it?

I was trying to buy a 620 ute off a chick in Adelaide a couple of years ago for 600 bucks.... She went all strange, I think she got some interest in it and then decided not to sell. Damn it. Would have been a steal!