Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 8 months later...

So I went to the wrecker to get some stuff for the Terrano but ended up leaving with this:

post-1373-0-21679700-1357361248_thumb.jpg

Dash has a few little marks but still the factory am radio.

Consoles are uncracked.

Also got the passenger side under dash tray.

BYE BYE BLACK, CRACKED INTERIOR.

• 1 year later...

The brown is the factory colour, it is another step in my plan to return it to original.

Well things change, after searching for an engine upgrade for 2 odd years I finally got a z18et for it, it was in a 720 kingcab with a steel tray and it ran 13's so it should get this moving nicely. It had a blown head gasket (No1 firering broken) so I have pulled it apart, cleaned up the head, re-cut the valves and faced the head. Now all that is left is to take the sump off and reseal it, new crank seals and just clean the block up.

The turbo is off of a saab 900 and seems like a pretty good upgrade, I will probably kit it before it goes back on.

The intercooler setup it has I will be changing to mount all the piping better and make mounted pipes into the radiator support so it isn't just a bit of pipe sticking through a hole.

The fuel system will consist of the standard fuel pipes but will have a surge tank fitted next to the fuel tank under the tub, have the feed and pressure pumps and just need to sort out the surge tank.

So everything is there to make this go, I just need to do it and the good thing is is that I just got my bronze corolla back as it was loaned out so I can drive that while I do the swap over :)

post-1373-0-52175500-1419996707_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hit a slight road block with it, the sump has been cut and shut and the welds resemble swiss cheese, it even had devcon or the like smeared over the welds so instead of trying to fix it I am going to track down a Z2* 720 sump which I'm hoping won't be hard.