Catch Up With Doug Clark - Group C Toyota Driver

silverra23

Hi folks

Dave was talking to Doug Clark at Phillip Island on the weekend. Doug drives the Group C Ra23 that is at most historic events, and has driven various cars including Celicas and Corollas at Bathurst.

Doug offered to have a catch up with the club members one night this week.. so we can have a look at his car and listen to some of his tales

We are going to meet him at his hotel in the city at 7.30pm this Thursday 24th, have a look at the car, and then take it from there.

I don't want to post the address details on a public forum, so please PM me for the details if you are going to come or text me on 0413 001 666.

Post up if you are coming too.

Cheers

Adam

Edited by silverra23

Members dont see this ad

As well as posting here you are coming, can you PM me for the details.. I don;t want to miss someone :)

Everyone has been covered to this point though.

Looks like we will have a reasonable turn out Dave. Will let you know numbers.

If any one can go via Werribee to collect Van and bring him in, please let me / him know as he would love to come, but his driver wont be home than night.

What a great night.... good turn out from rollaclub/TCCA people... none from toymods. Oh well.

Beautiful car. Good stories!

any ways here are a couple of crap phone pics... interior is incredibly overrated.. the dash plastics haven't even cracked to the right of the steering column shroud like they all do!!

IMAG0021.jpg

IMAG0022.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

He had lots of good info on setting up an old race car... gave some insight on what they can and can't do... interesting point for me was that he manages his rear brake bias by swapping in and out different wheel cylinders from other Toyotas.