3K Engine Lacking Power

xangomatt

Members dont see this ad

Agree

Tune up !!!!

Do all the stuff, Oil, All filters (Air, Fuel oil), plugs, points, cap, rotor, if the leads look old change them too.

Inspect the the plugs this should tell you how the carby is running .

Check compression about 125 psi is the lowest you should see and all cylinders should be about the same.

Be sure you check the timing, Id set to 10 and back off the 8 if it pings, you need to disconnect vac line to dissy when setting timing.

Have a good look at the carby make sure the flapper vavle is working.

Check the exhaust and make sure its not been flattend.

Is it burning oil ?

Is it losing water ?

Cheers

Andy

dosent ping or anything at 10, seems to work fine, fuel pump wasnt working properly, fuel filter wont fill with fuel so i took it apart, gave it a clean and now works a bit better than it did, still not filling with fuel. needs to be replaced. no prob getting to 110 on straight roads but as soon as there is a hill it drops to 6o with pedal to the floor. replaced exhaust and cylinders range from 140-150, not sure where to go with the power loss uphill issue though, could it be fuel tank needing a clean?

dosent ping or anything at 10, seems to work fine, fuel pump wasnt working properly, fuel filter wont fill with fuel so i took it apart, gave it a clean and now works a bit better than it did, still not filling with fuel. needs to be replaced. no prob getting to 110 on straight roads but as soon as there is a hill it drops to 6o with pedal to the floor. replaced exhaust and cylinders range from 140-150, not sure where to go with the power loss uphill issue though, could it be fuel tank needing a clean?

Sounds like you have all bases covered then , Have you checked the timing and replaced the air filter ?

The compression figures look good,

Is it auto or manual ?

Andy

Iv got a ke55 with a 4k in it and a mate of mine will give me a near new 4y for a case of beer .

From a 1.3l to a 2.2l has a higher power figure with 76kw and 192nm and its from a 7 series forklift .

Now I'm a forky / qa for a transport company and i no for a fact that a 7 series weighs at 2.5 ton !!! and i have myself thrashed the f@ck out of the same for ungoved forklift for 5 years straight !!! ( and it has not missed a beat ) .

So why do people put this engine down and out when all the forklifts in the markets absolutly screem day in day out.

I want a good reason not to put this engine in my car . :glare:

Iv got a ke55 with a 4k in it and a mate of mine will give me a near new 4y for a case of beer .

From a 1.3l to a 2.2l has a higher power figure with 76kw and 192nm and its from a 7 series forklift .

Now I'm a forky / qa for a transport company and i no for a fact that a 7 series weighs at 2.5 ton !!! and i have myself thrashed the f@ck out of the same for ungoved forklift for 5 years straight !!! ( and it has not missed a beat ) .

So why do people put this engine down and out when all the forklifts in the markets absolutly screem day in day out.

I want a good reason not to put this engine in my car . :glare:

Yep I aggree.

My Daily has 3k, shaved bigport, extractors, cam, a few kg's off the flywheel, goes hard and is fun to drive.

Cheers

Andy

• 3 weeks later...

I know why, could it be the fack that it is a 1166cc 30 year old gutless piece of crap? do this, its easy, simple and rather cheap in the scheme of things:

http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/50033-complete-5k-conversion-walkthrough/

I might be doing this aswell so yeah :)

(btw no offense intended here, just stating a fact)

Edited by Ke30 4 350

My stock 3k with exhaust leaks and carby issues still pulls 110mph, It also has a 2 speed auto behind it. Its still the original 1970 motor and as far as i know its never had the head off.

have you replaced all servicables like your told to?

if the fuel pump is f@$ked, get a new one in before you ask any more questions

what gear are you in when it drops from 100 to 60?

these motors wont complain about going back to third to keep speed, especially not around the 80 or 90 km mark.

Everything is good, rebuilt carb and new fuel pump few weeks ago and runs like a dream.

have you replaced all servicables like your told to?

if the fuel pump is f@$ked, get a new one in before you ask any more questions

what gear are you in when it drops from 100 to 60?

these motors wont complain about going back to third to keep speed, especially not around the 80 or 90 km mark.