3K Engine Lacking Power

xangomatt

Members dont see this ad

+1 to NOS

And a VTec sticker, that will add +5hp. I would also consider adding some neons.

(If you are being serious though and this isn't an april fools joke, then my comments would be the same as blzbub, the 3k is a 30 year old engine that isn't really built for performance)

G`day mate, you`re a hard one to convince aren`t you. The 3k needs at least rings. The same as you were told when I advertised it and the same as when you bought it from my son.

The engine will never run correctly until the rings are replaced. It burns oil like there is no tomorrow.

Get it,,,,got it,,,,good.

I fixed the oil burning issue and changed the head gasket and valve seals. she works fine now, didnt have to do the rings. just a case of a weak engine needing the cob webs knocked out. just about done rebuilding the 4k which i will drop in next month. It only burned oil first day or so of running it but stopped after running it a while and changing gaskets. There was nothing about convincing! Just a simple question.

G`day mate, you`re a hard one to convince aren`t you. The 3k needs at least rings. The same as you were told when I advertised it and the same as when you bought it from my son.

The engine will never run correctly until the rings are replaced. It burns oil like there is no tomorrow.

Get it,,,,got it,,,,good.

Agree

Tune up !!!!

Do all the stuff, Oil, All filters (Air, Fuel oil), plugs, points, cap, rotor, if the leads look old change them too.

Inspect the the plugs this should tell you how the carby is running .

Check compression about 125 psi is the lowest you should see and all cylinders should be about the same.

Be sure you check the timing, Id set to 10 and back off the 8 if it pings, you need to disconnect vac line to dissy when setting timing.

Have a good look at the carby make sure the flapper vavle is working.

Check the exhaust and make sure its not been flattend.

Is it burning oil ?

Is it losing water ?

Cheers

Andy