Ht.Net Cruise

ToyoKE30Coupe

4 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey SA Rolla peeps, anyone been to the HardTuned.net cruises?? Be good to get a small old skool rolla group out there. I'm keen to attend, so here are some details:

http://www.hardtuned.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=483413

Hey All,

It's been a while, time to get back into it!

Organising our next hills cruise for:

> Saturday April 30th 8PM - More details to follow

Leave a post in this thread if you wanna come along and I will PM you the details (Including Meet Spot).

*Just like my previous cruises, I will be inviting SAPOL to come and have a chat with a drivers, so please be aware that their MAY be police attendance at the meet spot.

(Yes, just like every other successful cruise)

What does this mean for you?

- If you are hoon-driving or acting like an idiot, expect a defect.

- If everyone behaves, they will look after us as usual.

Obviously we had some issues with reckless driving in the past,

if you feel that you can't restrain yourself from being an idiot, please stay home.

Please note:

If you are 'hoon driving' or behaving in a way that puts yourself or other drivers in danger, you will not be welcome to join us and we will report you to the police.

Hoon driving is unacceptable.

Click here to view HT.NET's Cruise Policies

Cruise maps will be handed out on the night.

FB Page here: http://www.facebook.com/#%21/event.php?eid=155899981136878

Members dont see this ad
  • 4 weeks later...
Was an eventful night, meet spot was good, fair few cars, heard some swearing while everyone headed for the exit :P

my chain of events:

Once out everyone just raced up the road and then I came around a bend and seen everyone banked up at a giveaway sign, had a bit of a hair raising moment trying to come to a stop :S

Then all good up to Lobethal for me, was behind the red turbo ford most the time, think the mazda 929 wags was behind me...

Stopped at Lobethal for 20 or so mins, waited for everyone to catch up, then we all continued out of Lobethal, not long after that turned around a blind corner and seen everyone banked up with hazards, again another hair raising moment :S

I jumped out raced to the car but they where already out so was relieved, then after 20 mins of waiting around we headed off again.

Ended up on gorge rd behind a grey r32 gtr and white r32 gtst, apparently we missed the turn of so we stopped at a servo, worked out how to get to lofty and just took the suburbs and then greenhill rd...

My 2c, more driver briefing was/is needed for next time, 1 minutes not enough, need some reminders on driving to conditions, reminding that the roads are damp, details on what the roads are like, and to take it easy on the speed, and NO tailgating!

My car is slow and I was concerned I would hold some people up but maybe it was a good thing, but the tailgating doesn't help, keep your distance!

Also hills personally wasnt a good idea, even though it was planned, I personally would have chosen an alternative route on some easier roads for everyone becasue of the rain in the day and the amount of cars.

Edited by Tally