Ke-30 Two Door

doityourself

Members dont see this ad

Have put the fan shroud back on and changed the spark plugs to one heat range lower, this seems to have returned the running temps back to normal, which I was having a problem with on Adelaide's first warm day this week.

Waiting for four 120 degree 32mm stainless bends, and I'll get cracking on a log style intake manifold to suit supercharging. Last night I soldered a Jaycar narrow band air/fuel meter (as I wasn't going to pay $140 for the Autometer gauge), and bought a new single wire O2 sensor.

Thanks Scott.

Started running the wiring for the o2 sensor Friday after work, and also for the xy reading lights in the c pillar trims. Also thinking about installing some led lights into the boot which will run off the same switch as the reading lights.

Really hoping that Iay get around to being able to actually tune my LPG today or this weekend.

Got my 304 stainless steel bends too, just thinking about how to design it properly.

Edited by doityourself

• 2 weeks later...

Oh thanks man.

Been having some issues lately with tuning the LPG system, it seems the mixer I was set up with is too big for a 3K motor. In fact the CA125M-2 mixer is rated 125-145hp, looks like I'm going to need a CA100 mixer. I'm also unhappy with the way it is set up in the engine bay too. The current mixer is suppose to be mounted in downdraft configuration which also doesn't help. Have been looking at Impco Gas from the US and they have throttle body mixers, its most likely that I will adapt a Impco throttle body mixer to the standard Big Port manifold.

• 4 weeks later...

Tuesday - My mate who did the LPG and I got stuck into the rolla. We pulled off the whole set up and bolted on a set up from a Datsun L16 motor - guess what?? It works!!! Idles perfectly and stoich, cruises at 60km/h flicking in the middle of the LED's on the narrow band Air Fuel gauge. Fuel consumption has dropped from 15L/100km to 7.6L/100km, and with 65 litre tank that is roughly 850km from full to bone dry.

• 3 weeks later...

The set up from the datsun came off in favour for an adapter I made to suit the mechanical twin throat from the early ke. This has increased performance, will still maintaining good economy there is a noticeable improvement in acceleration.

Next to will be a holley hat, to start the collection of boost related parts.

• 2 weeks later...

It may sound weird considering where I work but I bought Pacemaker Extractors, and are waiting for them to arrive. The reason this sounds weird is that I work for Pacemaker Headers here in Adelaide, we have non in stock as they have been deleted for almost 7 years now. Online Performance in Sydney had two units, now I have one of those two.

Will post up pictures when I get them, its my Christmas \ birthday gift this year, and thus capping my expenditure for this calendar year.

• 4 weeks later...

Time for a little update:

My Pacemaker Headers are still sitting in the spare room - waiting to be jigged but I don't go back to work til the 9th of Jan so nothing is really happening with them for the moment.

My little car gave me a new years resolution on new years eve, it decided that it no longer liked the head gasket, so it blew between water jackets and cylinders one and four. Have already popped the head off to Lonsdale Engine Worx here in SA, should come back today and with any luck I should be back on the road tomorrow.

The head is having some minor corrosion welded up and the head is getting a light skim.