My Ke55- The Bog.

ae824ate

Hey guys, been a member and corolla lover (sometimes inappropriately) for some years, and ive had a many corolla rides and small projects. But this is my first KE, bought off GJM85 from here. Plans are, clean it up a little, treat the rust spots, Rego, then slowly do some small mods when finances permits me. Bit more power from the 4K would be nice, extractors and 2" exhaust to start with. But the thing i really want, is a nice set of wheels. But, I'm poor :( Its very very original, interior isnt molested at all, 5 speed, and still got the awesome cassette player and AM only radio :) . Cheers gavin, ill take good care of her. And i need some help choosing a name, any suggestions fellas? Pics will be up in a tick.

Edited by ae824ate

Members dont see this ad

Agreed, ive seen a few sets made that look sick. There is a KE30 wagon at the wreckers here in toowoomba with a set if 14" jellybeans, but they want $300 and i can't afford that atm. Also want to do a round headlight/grille conversion if anyone wants to help a bloke out :yes: , also ke30 bumpers eventually. I was thinking of the name "Brum" haha.

post-5959-092887900 1302087916_thumb.jpg

post-5959-068782000 1302087957_thumb.jpg

post-5959-024365900 1302087941_thumb.jpg

Edited by ae824ate

Ok, names. I might call it "The Bog", cos thats what it looks like haha. Pulled all the carpet and insulation out today, vacuumed the hell out of it, cleaned consoles etc and also cleaned up the boot. I'm wondering how to set up a head unit and speakers now without raping the interior so it can be taken back to stock. Are the 2 threaded nuts/holes under the parcel shelf in 55's meant for baby bolts? I'm hoping so. I'm also organizing a HID kit atm, but only one of the lights has the removable H4 bulb, but it shouldnt be hard to find another non sealed light. Has anyone done HID conversions on KE30/55s? Yeah, i know they are supposed to be illegal, but my mate has been running a 55W 6000k setup for ages, been pulled over many times, but nothing was said about his lights.

The Bog is registered!!! :cool: Our 2 and a half yaer old kept saying she wanted to go for a drive in Daddys new car, so we did. Went for a 45min-1hr cruise through the hills and bushland near my oldies place, it went awesome. Love the sound of the original speakers and the AM stations. Will be doing a HID conversion soon, also saving coin for a decent set of wheels with some offset :yes:. A few pics.

post-5959-006931100 1302853534_thumb.jpg post-5959-019818600 1302853669_thumb.jpg

For shits and giggles. Its bigger than the engine haha.

post-5959-037913400 1302853598_thumb.jpg post-5959-087799600 1302853760_thumb.jpg

post-5959-077026100 1302853821_thumb.jpg

Peace.....

• Upvote 1

Got a set of wheels off my mates brother today. They will do for now. They are 14x5.5 i think 'performance' meshies. They really need a strip and clean up and new rubber when i find time. Flat out with work, so progress will be slow. Will get some more pics after work tomorrow night. There is a decent 3cm lip on them, and alot nicer on the eye than stockies.

post-5959-002057700 1303126674_thumb.jpg

post-5959-081886100 1303126735_thumb.jpg

Wheels are the wrong PCD :bash: Spewin!! Primary jet got clogged with shit the other night making it not very drivable so i was up till 12:30 in the AM cleaning the carb, then up at 4:30 >| Then the exhaust snapped open just behind the cat, so wrapped 2 beer tins around it and MIG wire. Everyone stared at me driving it home, was not a happy camper!! f@$ked off the cat today and welded in a straight piece of pipe in its place as a quick fix. Carby done something bloody weird before, just flooded itself, engine died at the lights >| . Disconected the fuel line from the filter and wound it over for like a minute before she fired. It was just spewing fuel into the throats. Its giving me no joy, just one f@$kin problem after the other atm!!!!! Wont idle when its warm even after being tuned 1000 bloody times, the heater core is f@$ked and leaks, guess that's why it wasnt connected, fuel hose was leaking, dicky radiator cap, gearbox is leaking oil, and the problems with the carby and zorst. Give me a while, itll all work out.

post-5959-052576000 1303449996_thumb.jpg

sounds like you've got your hands full mate. good luck haha. 1 problem at a time... might be off the road for a while.

Its still on the road, i need it to get to work and back, i just don't trust it too much yet. Itll get there.