My Ke55- The Bog.

ae824ate

Not a great deal man. She is still in daily use. Saving as much coin as i can at the moment. Our son is now 1 month old, just landed a new job, hopefully will have some time and moonay to spend on her soon. Or f@$k it, and buy an aristo?? I flipped the springs a while back, but flipped them back. Too low (flipped 2nd), and too much attention. On the bumpstops basicly.

• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update. Big thanks to Rob (towe001), got a ke30 bumper on the front now, it looks great. Still chasing a rear. Also picked up a 32/36 in good nick, and jets will be arranged for it soon. Was quoted from a place in toowoomba $250 for a full dyno and tuning session, they swap/adjust all jets accordinly, so i think i might save a bit of coin and go that way. Also sending a cam (thanks Rob) to tighe for a nice grind next week maybe, tossing up between a 104 and a 424 grind, and have it tuned after that. Had a 2" exhaust installed 2 weeks ago, single resonator and muffler, sounds ok, but not what i wanted. The dipshits just cut the downpipe and welded the new 2" on from there, after telling me they were going from the header flange. Bit pissed. She is still in need of body work, but i just can't find the time. Sorry its not a rivetting high speed, high quality, high power build but I'm pushed for time and money lol. Enthusiastic, but busy and strapped :P . Cheers, Luke.

only just.

matt/satin colours only work if the body is absolutely perfect. and the car is washed every 2nd day.

any dirt or imperfections on/in the body immediately make the paint job look incredibly tacky...

:hmm: Bugger, i was opting for a matte finish over glossy for the opposed reason. I wont have huge amount of time to spend getting everything to perfection. I was under the impression a matte finish would help disguise any small imperfections. But i do know that high gloss black is most likely the worst for exposing any body imperfections. I'm tempted to keep the original poo brown in a way. Ok, suggestions?

Edited by ae824ate

I'm a welder/engineer, and had heaps of experience with bodywork repair, prep and paint, but atm i can't pour that much time into this old girl. None the less, it will be taken back to metal, and rust. Before it gets any worse. Will keep pics coming when progress starts. And I'm pretty set on a darker grey/gunmetal.

Edited by ae824ate