My Ke55- The Bog.

ae824ate

Members dont see this ad

Got the window and mirror fixed today, thanks again Rob! And Zowie, you're a top bloke! My cam should be here early this week, will get prices on new lifters, order a set of crow cams springs, do a bit of maths and work out compression ratios, and get a quote on head facing. Also really need to get my weber sorted out and ready to run. Just don't get as mush time as i'd like. Itll get there.

haha, thanks for the kind words mate.

*doctor evil voice:

"got ya fooled, mwah hahaha"

LOL, Tyler, that is epic..!

and Rob you rock, BTW, love your work, mate

but yeah, to back Luke up here, I live right next door, was at work when this all went down and missed it.

the bugger ripped my letter box off and used it as a boomerang to try kill Luke's dogs or something? found it under their bedroom window.

we then saw the culprit, wearing the same clothes, the following day.

he kept walking past, avoiding eye contact, but sneaking glances.

so we called to him(in a nice manner), to come over and chat, he pretended he didnt hear us, and kept going.

SRSly, shoulda google maps'ed this place b4 we bought it.

i swear to god, in the pic, there was a grp of indiginous people walking past my house with a carton on their shoulder, on the way to or from the phone box...

anyhow, back on topic, glad the brown banger is back on the road mate :-)

Edited by nerfbat

Updatage! Got around to fitting the weber yesterday, and found out they are as rare as hens teeth. It isnt a 32/36, its slightly smaller, and apparently came of an early peugeot or alfa romeo. Its a "dac11", don't have the other numbers atm. Weber made these for a few car manufacturers for performance. Makes a friggin huge difference on the trusty 4K!!! Pulls like a 14 year old until about 6500, instant throttle response and shitloads more torque. Turned out to be very well suited to a 1300-1600cc donk. Still need to organize jets for it, and I'm still awaiting the arrival of my cam :dance: Repco, and all engine builders i have contacted in Tbar can't get 3/4k lifters, so ill be getting them from Tighe too, and new springs from Comp cams. I'm hoping to get into match porting my spare 4k head soon, and get it milled to a suited CR for the 291* cam, and other shizzle. Ive done most of the maths with the expected valve seating and *Dynamic CR*, thanks for your help Philbey!! Pics will be up shortly, bloody pouring rain here atm.

Does it look like this.....

Picture.jpg

If so those things (DTMR-A) love boost as they are!!! Maybe just chuck a bigger needle and seat in it. :wink:

Nah Taz, its different. I spoke to a bloke at a performance shop yesterday, and he has never seen or heard of them. Having troubles today with a sticking needle and fuel filter. Will get it all sorted though.

Thats right. The downside is to get gaskets and diaphragms i have to get them from the car manufacturer, as weber wont have them (apparently). I ended up buying some gasket paper and a new hole punch set and made my own. The base is the same as 32/36 variants, so are the jets and emulsion tubes, but not much else. The needle itself looks to be in great nick, i will have a good look and clean it up again tomorrow.

Hell yeah! Managed to score some Twin 40mm sidedraft Dellorto's off ebay, which will be getting split between myself and a mate (Nerfbat on here). Got them for a steal, and Zowie already has the single sidey manifold to slap on. Ill be making one myself i think.