Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impressive.

I must see this when I'm over next.

Possibly July!

Thanks man! :y: Does this mean I have to drag it out of my parents garage where its currently residing? :P Sailing season's slowly winding down so I will have to go raid people's second hand bits/old spares for some sails! Failing that I'll go with the 'custom-cut' UV rated tarpaulins I have atm :laff:

I may possibly be over in Adelaide in June (depends on me playing Korfball still) so will have to try & organise a catchup with some S.A members! :yes:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

holy crap! :blinks: I'm speachless

If there was a prize for coolest DIY threads you'll take it

I love sailing, nearly ended up on Nicorette a couple of years ago when she was coming down for Sydney to Hobart! But she was running late and I missed out :sob:

I'm in the process of making a R/C Yacht but I don't even feel right mentioning it after seeing this thread lol :laff:

Here is a pic of something you might like, I saw her a couple of weeks ago on Hamilton Island (that's my dream boat!).

post-5-0-27310200-1315300522_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

holy crap! :blinks: I'm speachless

If there was a prize for coolest DIY threads you'll take it

I love sailing, nearly ended up on Nicorette a couple of years ago when she was coming down for Sydney to Hobart! But she was running late and I missed out :sob:

I'm in the process of making a R/C Yacht but I don't even feel right mentioning it after seeing this thread lol :laff:

Here is a pic of something you might like, I saw her a couple of weeks ago on Hamilton Island (that's my dream boat!).

:cool:

Thanks heaps mate, it might look good in photos but it's as yet untested (getting around to it...one day). So whether anything holds up is unknown, in theory it'll work... communism works in theory... :lol: At this point she's stashed in my parents garage keeping the lawnmower company.

Bugger on missing out on a ride on Nicorette! Until Wild Oats came along she was one helluva yacht, even still she's pretty quick! I blame my crappy CRT monitor but I can't make out what her name is in the pic. :hmm:

Edit: Just went to save the photo & saw the filename was WildOatsXI...I can now just make it out on the boom cover! :lol: Yeah, she's got all the good bits: foam-cored carbon/kevlar hull, carbon mast, think he switched to carbon rigging (or at least parts of it), hydraulic canting keel...*drools*. In a sport where sail area matters, she can make much bigger boats look sluggish.

Just wondering on the R/C...RollaClub or Remote Controlled? :wink: Build thread either way! :y:

where does the garret go?

:blinks:

On my 4A-GE! :D

Edited by carbonboy

• 1 year later...

awsome! i built a boat very similarto this for my HSC major work. got to the part where i had o do the rigging and i don't sale so i didnt know how to go about it. any tips?

Small confession...I have practically zero sailing experience, what I do know is to make sure you know how to swim for extended periods. :)

I used two books as reference material when setting up the rigging, both were pretty cheap via eBay & dumbed it all down enough for me. :)

'The working guide to traditional small boat sails' by David L Nichols & 'Sailing for beginners, 3rd Edition' by Jeff Toghill.

You've done a fantastic job on the finish of yours, you should be damn proud. :y:

wow mate. ..!

only saw this thread now.

unfckingbelievable..!

you couldnt put a price on the hours you have put into her

Cheers man :y: I don't think anyone would pay it even if I could. :wink:

I was at Albert Park Lake for the TCCAV Christmas BBQ last weekend, weather's good, temptation to pull it out of storage is high. Just have no time to :(