Aftermarket Ecu Help

cozza_mane

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we are a haltech dealer

And what cars have you installed them too, normally always had to use the haltech temp switch on the skylines and we used the haltech map sensor as why wouldn't you, you can't say that the haltech is compatible with all factory sensors because that is just stupid and being 16 have you fitted one?

Edited by Trev

i fit all our haltechs we just reconfigure the haltech to use the sensors that the car has never had to change and they also have an internal map sensor or work with all stock map sensors

Ha, this must be why HP Performance is only a Dealer and not a Platinum Dealer as not ever haltech has an internal map, might wanna check that.

as long as it is a 0v-5v sensor it will work also can use 8v and temp sendors and that are just resistance again just reconfigure

Maybe I am wrong about the really late stuff since I have been out of it for just over a year but that was not the case back then.

Ha, this must be why HP Performance is only a Dealer and not a Platinum Dealer as not ever haltech has an internal map, might wanna check that

E6X has an internal MAP sensor. We ran an E6X on the CBR600 motor in the Formula SAE car at uni from 2004-2008 (I think that was the last year they used the Haltech), can't remember if we used the Honda sensor or the internal one though (was more involved in the suspenion and wheels than the driveline).

Edited by Hiro Protagonist

We can tell you stuff all day but until you download their control apps and their manuals and read them you wont be able to make an actual informed decision, theres no substitute for reading and learning for you at this point. A/M ecu use isn't for everyone, if your not willing to read and learn, you will never get to the right answer when you have to configure or repair something.

You have to watch out as well as some ECU companies require you to actually send them the ecu so it can be configured for a particular application, which can be costly and a pain in the arse.

Edited by LittleRedSpirit

Id go with haltech!

Ive fitted and wired plenty of all different haltech ecu's

Best bang for buck is the sprint 500

I even have a sample harness to suit 4age as ive wired a few 4ag's

All the sprint and sport series have internal map rated up to 22psi.

You CAN use existing temp sensors but for the sake of $40 each i use the haltech ones as you get the new plug which makes my harness look neater.

Also most of the original sensors would be 20yrs old now anyway.

They do work with dizzys and CAS you just have to play around with the trigger filters to stop interferance to the signal

If you didnt mind spending a bit more dosh the ps1000 is an awesome ecu

I run one on my ke20 with the racepak dash.