Soucing Wiring For Engine Loom

pozman

hi guys,

I'm about to start wiring up my engine with stand alone ecu, the ecu i got only came with small amount of loom to work with and i don't want to spend the 330 dollars to get a new full length loom

now i obviously need quite a few different wires, so the average 8 solid colours that you get from the local auto store wont be enough

any one know where i can buy wires with the second tracer stripe, ie yellow with blue stripe, black with white stripe and so on?

paul

Members dont see this ad

Most places only sells 30m rolls, what I've had to do in the past when we've gotten really low on certain colours is used a felt tip pen to add the tracer. The reason I say this is that electrical places only sells 30m rolls and when you've got all your colours it will end up costing you. So just grab some white wire and some Permanent (Has to be permanent, for obvious reasons) markers, can even get away with buying a yellow roll as well.

I read this back and realised that I said the places thing twice but have major cbf factor fixing the grammar, but I do have the energy to write this out.

(long day...)

I've done the exact same thing Jono suggested and used a felt tip white/black for the tracers.

You can get the small (3m) Narva rolls in the full range of colours with tracer, but nobody ever carries it on the shelf. Your local auto store could likely order them in though.

Yeah I was thinking of the permanent marker. Might be an option.

If narva do them I'll be sorted tho. I can get it through work then. I'll have to go in a see what colours they do

Thanks for the help guys

It's a haltech sprint 500

I need about three meters of each of these. Some I will need more

Blue

Blue black

Blue brown

Blue red 

Yellow black

Yellow red

Yellow orange

Yellow green

Black yellow

Red white

Black white need like 10m iirc

Paul

Don't go to an auto elec. Go to places like Jaycar or even better go to this website http://au.element14.com/jsp/home/homepage.jsp?CMP=KNC-GOO-GEN-PFB&s_kwcid=TC|15109|farnell||S|b|7753270608

Used to be Farnell for those in the industry. You can choose whatever colour you want, whatever core, materials. PTFE would be awesome but costly. When making your selection you don't have to select all the fields

in the filter search.