10Second Street Ca18Det Ke55

OKE055

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks like a fun car!

You'll be surprised how much a set of big cams unleash the fury! A GZE I built with the same turbo makes 300rwkw on 32psi with a set of 300+deg cams. But thats a 98 fuel engine with a water/meth spray to help things.

So I'd imagine, with the 200cc extra capacity and E85 fuel, 300rwkw should be quite obtainable with some smaller cams and a bit less boost. Good luck to any of those cars you raced at powercruise then!! Haha

Edited by kickn5k

Yeah I'd think I'd should gain alot as the head is a JHH engineering street port head so will love a set of sticks to use the better flowing head. I'd think a good 40+ hp I'm thinking 272 with as large a lift as I can go and still retain hydraulic lifters. And I'm also in need of a new gearbox as you might be able to hear the shifts are very slow from 2nd to 3rd so maybe time for an auto.

• 3 months later...

Picked up a little early Chrissy present for myself yesterday, a fully built trimatic,bellhousing adapter and a dominator 5500 converter. Time to step it up a bit and go fast. Early in the new year I'll get it fitted along with some cams and maybe a new computer/dash

post-71-0-67622500-1387086836_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Changing a lot of things on the rolla, getting ready for Queensland Drag Week changed my mind on the garret turbo and bought a Precision 5558 instead chose a .48 rear housing in the hope of getting good response. Dropped a block off at JHH early this week to get modified and machined.

Got myself some new gauges a new wideband, trans temp and a fuel lvl gauge as mine has been playing up.

A GPS sender to convert my speedo to gps based so I don't have to worry about recalibrating it with wheel changes and diff gear changes.

A new set of diff gears (3.45) as I previously was crossing the line over the quarter on the limiter (8000rpm) in 4th(1:1 ratio) and my trimatics top gear is the same.

All the parts to build a new 3" stainless exhaust and plumb back the wastegate and vband couplings

Pro ratchet shifter and a brand new Crank Angle Sensor

A new upgraded s13 ARE radiator

I'm currently pulling the diff out to get the gears changed and servicing the brakes while I wait for my short motor to be finished.

And

post-71-0-14928000-1389931473_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-77421600-1389931499_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-02825900-1389931528_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-61079400-1389931551_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-19023800-1389931574_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-37097800-1389931627_thumb.jpg

Edited by OKE055

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my diff back from the mechanics that installed the diff gears. It needed an overhaul as all the bearings looked a bit crap and he found this!!!!! So I'm currently tracking down a new axle to get machined then ill order my tail shaft this week starting to feel like I'm getting somewhere

post-71-0-92065100-1391159852_thumb.jpg

hey mate, get a billet axle for it, cut axles are not real strong. being an r31 diff you should (hopefully) have one factory axle and one that is a cut and re-spline. You should be ok with the factory one, but at least replace the cut down one with billet with your amount of powers. Call altra nine in caboolture he is really good, approx 400-500 for one axle i think. He also does tailshafts, full cro-mo whatever you want.